Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbe

I have been a long time reader, but just became a new member. I fish with Pole Bender a lot, but please do not hold that against me. After Pole's and I last trip, I figure the name fits. I certainly lost more tackle than received bites. I fish Stockton and Table Rock in the James River arm. I have a 15 year old son that still loves to fish more than chase the girls. I am lucky so far.

I spoke to a friend this morning who went to Ruark yesterday and said the water is like chocolate milk. He usually catches fish, but did not get a bite yesterday. I was planning on this weekend, but that sort of changes my mind. Any thoughts.

JLT

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, from Indiana
    By spending time on the forum, you wont lose tackle

PS
    The coffee pot is on
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from northeast missouri, enjoy fishing with your son now ,girls are right around the corner. give him a while and he`ll be back to fishing.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome JLT. Don't give up hope on the son. My youngest son is 18. He loves the outdoors. He has girlfriends but he doesn't let them interfere with his fishing and hunting. He figures if they don't like that, they can hit the road because theres always more girls out there.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome JLT glad to have you on the board. I can understand not catching any fish when go with Pole Bender. He will be fishing with two real good fish catching people this sunday.:D If he not to busy running his mouth :phe may learn something and then he can pass it on to you.
    Anyway good luck and good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome. Pole bender told me about that trip. Make sure he takes a pen and paper to take notes. I hope you all tear them up.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about time you registered!!!! If I had known the weather was going to be this nice we could have gone this morning. I thought it would be raining by now.

Now for those comments about not catching fish when I am along are just not right. I remember guiding Mrs. JJ on a day of fishing and there were fish caught. Most by her but I at least had an anti-skunk fish or two in the well. For JLT he did a better time guiding the last time we went but again there were fish caught when I guided last.

As for current conditions maybe you should be targeting these! That's right these were caught on Stockton this week. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

He does have a point. I did not do that well in his boat last trip. Those would certainly make nice fillets. However, I do not know if you should fish two days in a row this weekend. Do you think you could handle the stress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Loosing Tackle View Post
    He does have a point. I did not do that well in his boat last trip. Those would certainly make nice fillets. However, I do not know if you should fish two days in a row this weekend. Do you think you could handle the stress.

I don't know but I am willing to find out!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, great bunch of guys here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast