Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Below Bagnall

jeffcitydenny Guest

Default Below Bagnall

On the west side of the dam where the legion post allows people to come and fish, can you still walk close to the dam to fish? The only sign I saw was the one about not fishing on the wall. I went last Saturday and crossed the drainage and was fishing by the wall and the water patrol gave a ticket to a boat that was over the line. They did not come over and say anything. I hadn''t fished there in several years and was wondering if anything had changed. Caught a lot of crappie there over the last 35 years. Thanks for any information.

Post Thanks / Like

you can not go anywhere closer than 75 yards to the dam in a boat or on the land.

Post Thanks / Like

this would not be a good time to be that close anyways because they are letting alot of water out of the dam to get the lake back down so it is normal for this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcitydenny View Post
    On the west side of the dam where the legion post allows people to come and fish, can you still walk close to the dam to fish? The only sign I saw was the one about not fishing on the wall. I went last Saturday and crossed the drainage and was fishing by the wall and the water patrol gave a ticket to a boat that was over the line. They did not come over and say anything. I hadn''t fished there in several years and was wondering if anything had changed. Caught a lot of crappie there over the last 35 years. Thanks for any information.
    What do you like to use there? I usually fish around the 1-2 mm on the other side, but I might get adventurous this spring and give that area a try.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
    What do you like to use there? I usually fish around the 1-2 mm on the other side, but I might get adventurous this spring and give that area a try.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Any type of jigs work but i've had my best luck on action jigs like sliders,kalins,lil fishies and Bobby Garland swimming minnows
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

when i fish around the 1mm i use a jig or a minnow on a slip bobber

Post Thanks / Like

I used to catch several below the access down in the trees before 54 bridge. Also around the island below the dam. Lot of white bass down there also.