Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OK Day today

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK Day today

I got to start getting up earlier to fish. Man today I went out at 10 am and both my prime spots were already taken. The same boat has been fishing my favorite site on my last two trips. I caught a few today but a friend caught 18 from one of my other favorite spots. He gave all his crappie to me so I took them home and cleaned them tonight and stuck them in the frig. Now I have three containers in the frig with crappie filets in them.. It's time for a neighborhood fish fry.

Spawn is going to be over here pretty soon. The female crappie eggs are much ripper this week than last week.

Today we had light winds at 5 to 10 mph and hardly any clouds in the sky. It got up into the mid to upper 70's today air temp wisea the lakes surface temps were in the middle 60's today in the shallower water Water is heating up really fast.

All fish were caught suspended off the bottom 6ft in 26ft of water. They were hanging around the submerged brush pile that Bill and I fished today.

I check the shallow water near a drop off that I fish a lot and found no shallow fish. I did see one shallow fish that took off like a Bat out of H*LL. I must have scared the little fish as he really took off fast.

Water clarity is pretty good these days in Blue Grass Pit off Boonville Newharmony Road East of I-164 near Evansville, IN. I think that I could see 6 ft down into the water today.

Was lucky to bring some fish home today. Last time out on Bluegrass I got Zero Fish. Otter pit has been my go to pit this spring when the other guys are fishing my favorite spot.

I may fish otter tomorrow and hit the shallow 6ft deep water. I know that the fish have to go shallow pretty soon or they won't have a next generation.

Remember to take your sunscreen with you when you go out tomorrow as it's going to be another bright sunny day.

Winds will be from 10 to 15 mph tomorrow(Sunday) and that makes boat control a bit harder

I broke my trolling motor mounted transducers wire and am trying to repair it. For a min yesterday I thought I had ruined my one and only humminbird LCR 8000 depth sounder but I found out this morning that it's still working ok with the rear mounted transducer which I have on the boat's transom. I went to sleep last night dreaming about buying a new Humminbird Matrix 47 3d but won't need that quite yet if I can repair the wiring on my trollong motor transducer. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose,had The Same Thing Here Yesterday!every Place I Went There Were 1 Or 2 Boats. Went To A Few Fairly Hidden Spots And Had Boats Follow Me!!finally Went Deep In The Bushes-managed To Catch A Few,nothing Great!!had My Daughter & Grandaughter With Me And They Had Fun So Thats What Counts!!people Get Crappie Fever Though An Most Of Em Forget All About Common Courtesy!!oh Well Thats Another Subject!!! Good Fishin To Ya Buddy!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's Sunday and I didn't get up until 8 am. Got a call from my mom that her brother (Uncle Paul) is in the hospital. He smoked for many many years as does his daughter and his wife. His wife died a few years ago of a muscular disease and he is not in good health. He stopped smoking way too late in life and for the last few years has had to have an INHALER right by him.

Today he is on Oxygen in the Hospital and last Wed he was having great difficulity breathing so he checked himself into the hospital reluctantly.

He is reportedly doing better and may have to have a cathoder placed up though his leg veins into his heart artery to releave some blockages. He does have lung disease which was caused by all the smoking over those 70 od years. The lungs get so scared up that they can't exchange gases properly and you feel like your suffocating as you can't get enough oxygen into your blood steam and into the bodies tissues. The heart needs a constant supply of oxygen as well as the brain. But when the heart arteries are blocked and the blood is low on oxygen in the first place the tissues of the heart start to die.

He won't be around much longer even if they can open his heart arteries back up. The damage to his lungs is irreversible at this time. Tar had built up on the Aveoli and covered them up and caused them to die or shrink. His cilia that line the throat have all died and they can't exit the mucus anymore so it falled back down the throat and blocks the airways more and more with time.

He use to walk for excersise at the mall and had lost a lot of weight but he stopped walking and gain the weight back.

I am going to say a few prayers for him. I suspect that he will not be around much longer and hope that he does not suffer too much.

I go visit him from time to time as he does not live far away but he is so picky about his house that he is hard to be around. His own sister got so mad at him that she refused to go to see him anymore. His daughter (My cousin) still lives in town here and she visits with him and takes care of him. I go over and help him with his computer. But if I stay too long he will have me cleaning his entire house as well as cuttting his grass. I have my own grass to cut and I cut my mom's grass as well. She has a acre of ground with lots of trees to trim around. So I have to have some time to fish and take care of myself.

I may go see him in the hosptial today. He can have visitors but they can't say long as he can't talk too much. That takes too much energy and oxygen and he needs to save that for his heart muscle.

My mom went to the hospital yesterday to see him and his daughter said he was doing much better. That is good. I think that if they open up his bockages he will be able to do much better. He worked for a good company and has good health insurace to help pay for the expenses.

I found out that my two cousins both swithed jobs. My cousin who was in Iowa left his new job after only 7 weeks. He retired from the US Navy and was the repair officer at one of the Navy's Main Sub Yards out in Bremer Washington. He was in charge of over 9000 people there. He went to work for a company in Davenport Iowa and left after a short time there. Turns out that the company had gone though 7 or 8 previous managers. He got a new job out in Oregon. I bet that he likes Oregon better than Iowa for some reason. LOL Must be all the National Parks and trees, lakes and wild rivers up in Oregon. I think I would like Oregon also as they are very environmentally conscious like me. Besides there are no factories out in the ocean to the west of Oregon to spew toxic smoke into the westerly winds that blow onto Oregon. Only the ocean for 3000 miles. I may have to go visit him someday. I should have gone to visit him with my other cousin who still lives in town. She goes out to see him once a year when she takes vacation. They are a real close brother and sister. He is an mechanical/Nuclear Engineer and she works for the bank or a finance company now. I just found out that she left her old job last year and went to work at a new finance company. Even the banks are laying off people. .... Downsizing is what they call it. She was an assistant Bank Manager before.

Well I am going to say a few prayers for my uncle and hope that his operation works out. I just sent email to the family informing them of his situation.

I have a cousin in Nashville who can get ahold of his mom in Florida and my other uncles and aunts in FL. They can tell my other cousins out in PA who I have not seen in over 30 years. Everyone is busy these days with their own families.

You know you are getting older when you see those around you leaving this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Moose,had The Same Thing Here Yesterday!every Place I Went There Were 1 Or 2 Boats. Went To A Few Fairly Hidden Spots And Had Boats Follow Me!!finally Went Deep In The Bushes-managed To Catch A Few,nothing Great!!had My Daughter & Grandaughter With Me And They Had Fun So Thats What Counts!!people Get Crappie Fever Though An Most Of Em Forget All About Common Courtesy!!oh Well Thats Another Subject!!! Good Fishin To Ya Buddy!!!dennis
    Regards,

Moose1am