Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie World Magazine, Special Issue...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World Magazine, Special Issue...

I saw a "special issue" Crappie World Magazine at Gander Mt. last week. I am a subscriber, and have not gotten it in the mail. Anyone else subscribe and get a copy of it? I hate to buy it if it will be coming, but I also can't wait to pour through it while in one of my fortresses of solitude (bathroom/garage). :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply to ?

Hey Indy-Travis:
    I purchased that copy and was wondering if that was included in the subscriptions. I was checking out the subscription cards that are always placed inside the crappie world magazines and was wondering how much money I would save if I took out a sub instead of buying the magazine off the shelf. I only Pay about #2.99 for each magazine. If there are only 4 magazines published a year then the price would be 4 time $3.00 each. Now that is only $12.00 and that seems cheaper to me than taking out a years subscription.

I would think that you would get any special issues if you took out a subscription. Why not call or email the publisher and ask them why you are not getting your copy of the Special Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-Travis
    I saw a "special issue" Crappie World Magazine at Gander Mt. last week. I am a subscriber, and have not gotten it in the mail. Anyone else subscribe and get a copy of it? I hate to buy it if it will be coming, but I also can't wait to pour through it while in one of my fortresses of solitude (bathroom/garage). :p
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose, already have (emailed). I got an autoreply telling me to expect a resopnse in 3-5 business days, so I thought I'd see if anyone on the forum could answer in the mean time. I love the magazine, but doubt I will subscribe again. I bought an issue in the spring, used an included card to subscribe, and a couple months later got my first issue, you guessed it, the one I bought at the store originally to subscribe! :p When it runs out, I will just buy them off the stand again. I think you get them quicker that way, which isn't the case with a few of my other subscriptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World

Moose, already have (emailed). I got an autoreply telling me to expect a resopnse in 3-5 business days, so I thought I'd see if anyone on the forum could answer in the mean time. I love the magazine, but doubt I will subscribe again. I bought an issue in the spring, used an included card to subscribe, and a couple months later got my first issue, you guessed it, the one I bought at the store originally to subscribe! :p When it runs out, I will just buy them off the stand again. I think you get them quicker that way, which isn't the case with a few of my other subscriptions.
    Hey, just tell them you already had the magazine they sent you, they should extend your subsription by one issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Default how many magazines do you receive for a one year subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Hey, just tell them you already had the magazine they sent you, they should extend your subsription by one issue.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subscription

I don't subscribe either Moose, There's no savings involved and I just pick one up at Wallyworld. I always thought there were just 4 issues a year, maybe this special issue is something new.

Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed and called. I signed up for two years just to save the trouble of having to trackdown a copy at the walmart, but that seems to be the best way to get them. I should be signed up through Sept. 06, but I have already gotten a past due notice. I am just haveing one of those "can't win for loosin" weeks, hope the fishing this weekend treats me better.

ashbytna Guest

Thanks for the responses. I finally got through to a live person and got it straightened out. They have a weird publishing schedule. The summer issue is sent out in April. The next issue isn't mailed until September. The final 2 issues follow at 2 month intervals. I was told the special issue out now is not included in the subscription price. It's a trial printing and may be published 5 times a year if it goes over well. Hope this info helps anyone who is as confused as I was. Tight Lines

Brad Uhl Guest

Crappie World is published 4 times a year. (Winter 12/18, Spring2/20, Summer 4/20, Fall 9/20.) An advertiser decided to have a "special Issue" printed for newstands only. This IS NOT part of the paid subscriptions, and WILL NOT be mailed. It is on newstands only. Natcom is using this as a test, to determine how well a "5th" issue will sell, and looking at making it 5 times a year. Sorry for any confusion!

SIDE NOTE: Any "bill" or "invoice" that is sent with your subscription after you have paid is only a "renewal invoice" that is sent out by the marketing department, just asking you to renew or further your subscriptions. This is sent to all subscribers to give all subscribers the same chance to enter the contest that is going on at that time. Good luck fishing, Better luck catching!

ashbytna Guest

Default Crappie World "Past Due" Notices

I have emailed and called. I signed up for two years just to save the trouble of having to trackdown a copy at the walmart, but that seems to be the best way to get them. I should be signed up through Sept. 06, but I have already gotten a past due notice. I am just haveing one of those "can't win for loosin" weeks, hope the fishing this weekend treats me better.
    Indy,
    According to the person I talked with, that 'past-due' notice was more likely a request to renew (extend) your subscription, even before you receive your 1st issue (A marketing ploy). Their subscription hotline number is 800-554-1999. You can leave a message and tell them to stop sending those notices. You'll receive your 1st issue in September and you should get your issues on time thereafter. Hope this info helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast