Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Berkley spool station ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berkley spool station ?

I'm putting new line on my spinning reels however I'm a bit confused as to which way I will put the spool of line on the unit. I have to put the spinning reel on upside down so which way do I face the spool of line so that it comes off correctly? Anyone who has used the Berkley spool station please help. Works great for my baitcasters.
    I will defend her still today!

Post Thanks / Like

Lay the spool face down on the floor, run the line through the very last eye on your rod and tie off to the reel. Crank about 10-15 turns on the reel then drop the rod down and see if you have line twist. If no line twist, continue until the reel spool is at the desired level. If the line is showing twist, flip the spool of line over to the other side and crank about 15-20 times. Drop the reel and the twist should be gone or almost gone. If so, continue until the reel spool is at the desired level.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Berkley spool station. However, you do not fill a spinning reel the same way you do a baitcaster.

Hope that helps,
    Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the reel. For most spinning reels, you set up the spool so that the line is coming off the spool in the same direction the reel spool is turning.

For other reels (like a lot of Daiwas and Shimanos), you put the line on just like it's a baitcaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Works great for bait casters, yes. Spinning reel forget it. Place your spool on the floor with label up. Spool it. If the line kinkls turn the spool over. check nit by dropping your rod tip. If it is kinking you will know immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

If your spooling mono put the mono spool in pan of very warm water for about 5 minutes to warm up line then spool as the pros above have said.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER