Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for budget crappie rod & reel

BryanM67 Guest

Default Recommendations for budget crappie rod & reel

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a rod & reel that has the sensitive feel required for crappie fishing. I normally fish in a calm lake that is normally 6 to 10 feet deep. Mailorder is perfectly OK with me - I am on a budget so I want to get the most bang for the buck.

Any suggestios are welcome. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BryanM67 View Post
    I am on a budget so I want to get the most bang for the buck.
    What is your budget?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishin' on a Budget

You might consider a "combo" outfit...the rod and reel are sold as one. I'm not sure how you're fishin, so I can't comment and the specific types i.e. baitcaster/spinin' or bobber/tightline. Budget amount, boat or non-boat, bank fishin, etc...would play a major factor in what type of gear I would buy. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Tight Lines!
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

go to wal mart, i hate that i said that, pick out and make sure its spined correctly a 6.5' microlite ultra or light action rod by sheaksphere and a mitchell advocet reel. 35 bucks and tax
    Stinkies Daddy

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Silstar Limit Series

WE HAVE SILSTAR LIMIT SERIES FOR $1.00 PER FOOT FOR QUANTITY PRICES. GOOD POLES FOR THE MONEY. WE HAVE SHIMANO AND PINNACLE REELS FOR $9.95.

8 FT $8.00, 10 FT $10.00, 12 FT $12.00!
    INTERNET STORE PRICES ARE FOR 1 POLE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer going to academy sports. they have a shakespere ultra light 4'6" or 5' normally $16.88 on sale for $9.88 and a pinnicle ultra light spinning reel for $19.99. for $30 plus tax you can get a great combo.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a nice Quantum Ultralight combo at Wally-World ... It was a birthday gift, but I'm pretty sure it went for under $30.

Post Thanks / Like

I Got A Wally Marshall Pro Series Light Action Rod And Reel At B.p.s. For $29.00.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Shimanoo Spining Reel (FX1000 I think) with the drag adjustment on the rear of the reel and a cheap rhino rod (6 footer) with a really light tip.

The one I have has numbers on it so I can adjust the drag to the same place everytime when I am using light line while bream fishing.

It probably isn't as cheap has some of the stuff you get at wally world, but it has lasted way longer than the stuff I used to buy from there as a teenager.

All and all, I have come out way better.

Oscar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    WE HAVE SILSTAR LIMIT SERIES FOR $1.00 PER FOOT FOR QUANTITY PRICES. GOOD POLES FOR THE MONEY. WE HAVE SHIMANO AND PINNACLE REELS FOR $9.95.

8 FT $8.00, 10 FT $10.00, 12 FT $12.00!
    INTERNET STORE PRICES ARE FOR 1 POLE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Is that a Shimano reel or is it a knockoff. Your website says Shamino. Not trying to knock your website, I just want to be sure. Slight mispellings are a common way of misleading consumers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast