Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what you do when you can't hunt slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default what you do when you can't hunt slabs

I know from all the posts that you guys are itchin' for the weather to change, but when you have to deal with what mother nature dishes out, you have to change tactics...go for Muskegon river steelies.:D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Not into the steelies anymore,used to fish for them when i lived in Oscoda,but will be out sucker fishin soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cabin fever

I usually fish the bay all winter a place called the hot ponds its a warm water discharge so it never freezes,we catch alot of walleye,smallmouth,pike,white bass and afew steelhead,keeps me from getting cabin fever.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, catching steelies is OK, but man my hands can't take the cold. Sure am looking forward to some warmer weather! Really itching to get on the road to Kentucky. Counting the days now.

Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

used to fish the muskegon, just above newago, always caught a few, but that river would not be nice to my new ranger boat :D
    spring fever now , just gets me looking through cabelas and bass pro web sites trying to find that ONE thing that I just HAVE TO HAVE :D:rolleyes:
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just takin' a stab here, but I'd bet there's more than one thing you just have to have. I know I never get away w/ just one thing when I go online to C's. or B.P.'s:D

Post Thanks / Like

hahahahaha, got me:D::D
    sure wish open water would get here soon, I am going broke waiting for it
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you can spend a lot in your idle time...hey, that oughta work as an excuse with the wife..."honey look how much money we can save if I just go fishing!" :D

Speaking of spending a lot.. I just couldn't make the trip down to Kentucky Lake this year hauling my lil' 12 footer again...check out the pics. Now we're talkin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

doodler, I know whacha mean.
    I fished a lot of years in a lil 12 fter, and enjoyed every min. , but now that I have my ranger and those big comfy seats and flat floor.....I aint never going back!!!!!!, I can fish all day, and hardly know it.
    bet you are going to love that boat,
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

just noticed.... you have a jet drive, yeha, now you do not even have to worry about rippin off a lower unit, perfect for some of those southern lakes...
    like reelfoot
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast