Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hows morse looking?

Post Thanks / Like

Default hows morse looking?

is the water at morse still really muddy went down to red bridge sunday not a bit any one having any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

The water is clearing up a tad... the crappie are definately close to the cover, and you have to sllloooowww the presentation down quite a bit. The fishing is tough, at least not as good as it was 2 weeks ago. I am done fishing Morse this week as I am heading to Kentucky Lake for a week, "Crappie Haven". They are calling for more rain, so I would think today is the day, then it should shut down another week or so. Good luck.
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

I live right near the lake, and visit over there often. The lake took several days to muddy up, and now it does not seem to be changing too much, especially on the lower end of the lake. I have noticed wherever there is a creek pouring in like the back of Hinkle Creek, the water there seems to be clearing. I am sure it is clearing on the very upper end of the lake also. We did not get as much rain here as they did down south, so hopefully it will not take too long to clear up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Morse yesterday 3/26/08, fished Red Bridge. Crappie fishing is good not great. I caught nearly 60 crappie in the muddy water right under the docks. A lot of them were small had 19 keepers. Some people weren't having any luck, but the ones still using ice fishing jigs are killing them. I was using ice fishing jigs (dark green) tipped with minnows and bee moth. I sat there with two kids that had nearly 40 keepers on their stringer as well.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

how deep where you catching the i went to red bridge sunday didn't catch a thing using tube jigs gess i need some ice fishing jigs huh are you using them one flots?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing 4-8' deep in most spots. I am heading over there as soon as I finish checking my emails. I want to see if the cold front slowed the bite or not.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

went out to red bridge yesterday not even a bit i am going back out about one or so hope there doing some good