Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT:Anyone here ever had cataract surgery?

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT:Anyone here ever had cataract surgery?

Sorry for posting this since it has nothing to do with Crappie fishing except for my jig tying future which I think should be fine.

I am looking at having cataract surgery on both eyes and I keep hearing it's not a big deal. Well I would Love to hear from others that have had this surgery and please tell me your experience with it.

Thanks in advance,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

No big deal. Had both eyes done about 7 years ago.
    It is wierd in a way, you are awake when they do it. You are
    looking at the doctor then it gets black, that is because they
    are working on the eye.

Mine was done about 6-8 months apart. Reason being if something goes wrong you still have one good eye.

The other weired thing is you are going to see daylight like you
    never saw before. Everything is so bright!

Enjoy it
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

My dad had it done. His eyesight was buch better before he passed three years later from a heart attack. He fished up until he was 83 years old so the surgery did not bother him.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and it's sounding better all the time. My regular eye guy said they keep advancing the technology to get better and better so when my eyes get any worse it will be time probably this year as they can not correct my right eye any more from where it is. Left eye is keeping me in good right now, but I need to get this done pretty soon.

Thanks again,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I work for an eye surgeon who had his done last year. Best advice I can give: do your research. What surgeon you go to, and which lens they use are critical. Do your homework on those two things and everything will be fine. Enough information is availible on each to make an informed decision. Take care; you know we'll be praying you through!
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DC Crappie Kid View Post
    I work for an eye surgeon who had his done last year. Best advice I can give: do your research. What surgeon you go to, and which lens they use are critical. Do your homework on those two things and everything will be fine. Enough information is availible on each to make an informed decision. Take care; you know we'll be praying you through!
    How about a little more info on where to look, I think I heard on TV not to get the Lasik as they were having some problems, may be wrong. What are some good sites to check?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cataract Surgery. Piece of cake, had both eyes done a year ago 2 weeks apart. I was getting afraid to drive at night but now I don't even need glasses for distance. Need them for reading only. I started wearing glasses at 16 years old for distance. Can't believe the difference in colors. Took less than 20 minutes to do each eye. Getting prepped takes longer than the procedure. Dr. also put slow dissolving anti-biotic in at the time and I did not have to use drops after the procedure. Don't be afraid, get 'er done.
    Last edited by Kokomo Bob; 03-25-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Addition

Post Thanks / Like

Skip - I had my right eye done three or four years ago and will have my left eye done sometime this summer. No problems at all with the right eye since the surgery. You will be surprised how "white" white will look to you after surgery. Good luck!
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Skip - had right eye done 3 weeks ago - still in the 'drops 4 times a day' mode. Was nervious going in but there is absolutely no pain. You are awake but drops numb your eye and you will see some of what doc does but not much -- mostly just 'look at the light', look right, etc. I had gotten so bad that I could not see at all driving at night when meeting oncoming car. Won a new 22 rifle at a big game dinner, went to shoot at a target -- couldn't even see the target, much less hit it. Strangest thing tho, I was able to read without cheaters for the first time in 6-8 years. Now back to reading glasses tho. Someone on here mentioned seeing 'white' - he's right, I saw that the first night - what a difference. Good Luck, should be no problem at all. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Greatest thing in the world. 20 minutes, all done. Choice of lenses, distance or close. I enjoy outdoor hobbies and took the distance lens, bought some cheap WalMart glasses for reading or doing "close" work, fly tying etc. works fine. You won't be sorry and will be surprised how long you haven't be able to see correctly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast