Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LIne to Use with a 10' Telescoping Shakespeare wonderpole

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LIne to Use with a 10' Telescoping Shakespeare wonderpole

Has anyone expierenced using Telescoping poles and if so what type of line has worked the best for you?
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

my first crappie setup was a zebco crappie telescoping pole. i think it was 12'...i just used the regular light 6lbs line i use on my ultra light reels. p-line now but then it would have been trilene. never got into using it that much though but it worked fine for me when i used it.

S.M.
    brushpiles and logs, one rod, one bobber, it's jig poppin time:D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Don't use them any longer ...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamAdcraft View Post
    Has anyone expierenced using Telescoping poles and if so what type of line has worked the best for you?
    but, the 10ft & 12ft fiberglass telescoping/collapsible poles I have, that I used to use for fishing the button bushes (buck brush) in Barkley/KY Lakes ... both have braid on them, with a home-made snelled hook/leader tied on the end. Braid is 17lb test ... leader line is 6lb test mono (probably Trilene clear/blu). They also have slip floats. Only problem I ever had with the braid, was having the wind blow it around some of the branches (while the float was in the water). It's so light and limp, that wind can blow it around pretty easily. And when you thread the slip float rig down thru the branches ... you need to be able to keep the line fairly tight (between rod tip & float), to keep the line from getting tangled in them.
    If you're not looking to use these type poles, in this way, you could probably get away with braid ... without much problem. But, you could also, just as easily use some mono. The only drawback there, would be that the mono might get a memory set, from being wrapped around the pole (when collapsed & stored).
    You're likely to encounter "some" problems, regardless of which type/brand of line you use
    Just FYI ... the braid I have on mine is Gudebrod. It's well over 30yrs old and still as strong as it ever was !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use mine much anymore but when I do, it's for catching small bluegills very fast. I use 4# line with a lighter leader.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a great article on pole fishing in the new In-Fisherman issue. I read it last night and found it really good reading.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member