Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: kissimmee river

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Went out today and had a real nice day to be on the water doing my favorite pass time. Jigging for crappies. There was not much traffic on the river today.
    They had a bass tourment going on. Did not see anyone go up river to fish for bass.
    We had a great day of fishing. We fish till noon. We ended up with 45 nice crappies. The best jig today was a 1/32 orange & yellow and white Teezur jigs tip with a minnow. We were fishing about 4' deep. We got a few on the deep side of the boat. But most were caught next to the weeds.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Do you keep track of your catches (other then on here) for record or anything? Just wondering

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Hi Crapbie. No I do not keep track of how many we catch. I might try that next year and see if there is any trend . Watch the weather and other conditions. This might be interesting if there is a certain trend.
    I know that we have caught a lot of crappiesthis year. There were a lot of times we could have gotten our limit, if we had stayed out a little longer. But we had all the fish we needed and we gave a lot away to friends that do not fish. We had 4 or 5 fish frys for different groups here at KOA. Al in all ist was a GREAT year for fishing.

MAY THE CRAPPIE GODS SMILE ON YOU..

Later Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Swanie; 04-09-2005 at 03:07 PM.

whiplash Guest

Default kississimi river

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie
    Hi Crapbie. No I do not keep track of how many we catch. I might try that next year and see if there is any trend . Watch the weather and other conditions. This might be interesting if there is a certain trend.
    I know that we have caught a lot of crappiesthis year. There were a lot of times we could have gotten our limit, if we had stayed out a little longer. But we had all the fish we needed and we gave a lot away to friends that do not fish. We had 4 or 5 fish frys for different groups here at KOA. Al in all ist was a GREAT year for fishing.

MAY THE CRAPPIE GODS SMILE ON YOU..

Later Swanie
    swanie you.ve had a good year---fished hard 5 hrs. today for 19 keepers---did.nt talk to any body else that did that ////// when you going north ?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use any scents or anything?

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Hi! No I do not use any scent on my jigs. Tired it and did not have much luck.
    I just tip them with a minnow and sometimes put a jig body on for some more color.
    Looks like I will have to take a break from crappie fishing on the kissimmee river. I am heading back north Friday. But I will be back next fall.
    Hope the hurricanes stay away next year. And the lake gets back to normal.

Swanie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Swanie; 04-11-2005 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully by the fall I will be willing to drive the 3 hours to fish down there. I still need much practice but hopefully by then I will be able to hold my own at the great KOA All I need now is a tent and some practice.

Post Thanks / Like

swanie, this year the when the hurricaine came cross the river and lake, you probably know but it messed up all the boat docks at okee-tantie.....but my dads boat was the only one that survived....luckys use...i also hope thiers no bad hurricaines next year.......me and my dad are going to the river this coming weekend but geuss your goin back north hope to catch you next time around....good luck up north!!
    :D CRACKER :D

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a safe journey north and tightlines when you get there.