Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ report

Fished LOZ Thurs. Fri. and Sat.. Thursday was alright we had 10 keepers caught them anywhere from 6 ft of water down to 12 ft of water. Fri. was better had 23 keepers caught them about the same. Neither day could find them in good numbers, pick a couple or so and then move on. Sat. cold front came in only had 7 seems they got tight lip. Water temp was around 46-49 was up on the Osage. Can only get better. Water was well stained but had cleared up somewhat day by day. Still is pretty dark but kind of nice to fish LOZ with some color. It will only get better from here until they suck the lake down 5 ft. Had some nice fish though alot in the 11-13 in range and real good and thick and full of shad.

Post Thanks / Like

Report above right on the target. I also fished Thur,Fri, and Sat. Was at midlake MM 34. Water wasn't as muddy as I had feared where I was. Cleared a bit each day. Had my 3 boys in tote and of course they wanted to chuck for bass, you know boys, swing those sticks. My crappie hunts were short but cmcduck pegged my exact experience. Did catch a couple of craps 12" that were plump. One fish then move, lots of moving. My fish were 10-15ft. We did catch some active bass in the very backs of coves on Thursday afternoon. Water temp in the south coves at the back was in the 51-55 range. The average temp half way back in coves around MM 34 was 44-47 on Thursday but by Saturday pre front had cooled to 43.

just my 2 cents
    esoxesox

Post Thanks / Like

First off let me say welcome esox.......thank both of you for the report it does sound encouraging,i would have thought the water was muddy and had a lot of current up there,if you get back up there keep us posted.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. I've got four days in April scheduled. They will probably let a lot of water out by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates. Planning on being around the 47 MM every weekend starting with 4/11 through the end of the month. Will also be down there from the 18th to the 23rd. Will post up how we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Those fish come off the main lake, lake points or in coves ??? Serious minds want to know(or at least have a good starting point.)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board esox. Thanks for the LOZ reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome esox, thanks for the report.

Weather permitting, will get out today or Tuesday and post a report on the Big Niangua.

Good fishing everyone!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Leadshot, I caught fish from points all the way to 3/4 of the way back in coves where I found fish in 6ft of water 3 ft deep. Seems there are a few here and a few there its a lot of seek and find. Good luck.