Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: more okatibbee

Post Thanks / Like

Default more okatibbee

The lake is on a very fast rise, went from 342.6 Wed morning to 345.3 this morning (Thur the 8th). I went out Tuesday afternoon with Wayne and we caught 35 keepers in the white caps up in the grass on the east side of the lake all on plain jigs. I have just started to fish with Wayne as he just moved in behind me last year. Also I had been on a slow crappie fishing spell for about 2 years. Another friend bought a house and big boat down on the coast and I had been into saltwater fishing. But the crappie bug has biten me again. Wayne uses a cork and i was trying it also, I'm mainly a deep water tight line guy, and he was catching and I wasn't so I took the cork off and went to tight lining in the grass and then I began to catch up. Wayne was using a black and yellow Slater jig and I was using a redhead jig head with a pink and silver Midsouth tube. It was very rough and we had to fish too fast with the wind problem. We had been catching a few around the rocks before the water came up but it was very slow. I'm guessing that they will move into the trees above the road now, they are only letting out 100 cfs. Hope to go this afternoon.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Jigger Guest

They should be biting shallow everywhere at Okatibee with all this new water. They'll be up in the trees now. Were you fishing around the minnow ponds? I live in Philadelphia. and I'm debating on going tomorrow afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee

Yep, they were on the minnow pond dams, at least most of them. Wayne and I are going tomorrow morning, guess we will have to fish the bank where ever we put in as there is going to be thick fog until 10:00 per the weather guesser. I live in Collinsville so don't have too far to go. Hope to get above the road and see if they have moved into the trees. The wife and I walk the campgrounds every day we can, both retired, and I talked to a fisherman at Collinsville landing who was pulling out and while he had not caught too many he said he saw a guy catching a lot up in the grass, so come on down and get have some fun. Oh, by the way, some of the last one I cleaned had already laided out it looked like to me.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff