Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Geist

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geist

OK, fished Morse the last few years and only bass fished Geist. Any help here would be appreciated. I would like to have a few areas to try, I will figure out the baits, if anyone can help with the spots to start. I like to fish no greater than 10' in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few suggestions............DOCK SHOOTING - DOCK SHOOTING - DOCK SHOOTING!! Geist is one of the best lakes in Indiana for shooting docks. Most people shoot the docks in the summertime, but I have found it productive at Geist almost year round. I have luck with Bass Assassins because they tend to skip better off the water. I don't dock shoot too much, but when I go to Geist that's all I do. Buy a topographical map and fish any docks with channels running near them. I learned to Dock Shoot a few years back and it's fantastic on Geist. If you're at Geist and see someone in a Tracker V17, down on one knee in the front, searching the docks, that's probably me. Give me a shout. I am heading there Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, kind of the same way on Morse. One of these days I will learn to fish in open water for some slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noblesville Crappie Hunter.

A long long time ago I was born in Noblesville on I believe was Central ave. We have lived in 9 states since then. I now live in East Tenn and I will be here until I go to glory. We used to wade and catch a ton of crappie on Geist Res. There wasn't many houses on Giest then. We did really well on Lake Monroe also. Good fishing to ya'll.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Geist

Hey, new guy on the site here but I might be able 2 help u out. Just got off of Geist this evening 3-25-09. I put in @ 3:30pm and by 6pm was out of 4doz. minnow. I kept 20 keepers all 9"plus with a largest fish of 12". I fished in water from 4 to 8 ft. and yes I caught fish on docks, but be on the look out crappie like structure man made or not, they keep you on your toes, so if your not catching keep searching these fish are there and they range in good numbers and sizes. Have a variety of poles ready, because one day it's jig's and the next day it's bobbers and minnows don't be afraid of changing baits it will make u more sucessfull in the long run. Look forward 2 talking with ya. I love crappie fishing this place it's a lot of fun.
    www.indianalandmanagement.net