Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: axel trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default axel trouble

Hey ya'll Kit and barn dog came by yesterday caught me sitting in my chair staring at the boat.... and we all decided I have a bent axel on my boat trailer.. Kit says there is a place in Spg. that sell axels. gonna hit them monday. any other suggestion would be appreciated.... I would prefer good quality at a cheep price... no bob I'm not crying just asking ... good time to have trouble cant fish just as well work on the trailer ...

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle.....Might check out Red Neck trailor, on 2100 N. by pass 13. Phone# 864-5856. If than can't help, they can steer you the right direction.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your axel. Cant help ya on a place to take it, but I agree if it had to happen now is the time to take care of it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

call me if you need some help

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle,
    Think this over I think you have a square axel if you turn it over 180 dg. check tires with a square. Boat axels are bent up a little, weight of the boat straightnd axel.
    Later hard head

Post Thanks / Like

ok buzzy I am gonna put the boat in the pond and then have a good look at the trailer... Kit put them young eyes on the axel and was concerned It may look different withe the boat off... any way it sure eats up tires fast down to the coard on both tires in 3mo.. not good will call you when and if I decide to do something....... one hard head to another...

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the exact same problem last year Beagle. I bought a new axle from this company. Great service and fast shipping. They even called me before shipping to make sure they had the right size.http://www.trailerpart.com/?OVRAW=bo...ID=77177102521
    I just had to weld the spring keepers on the new axel. They were included, but loose so you can get them exactly where you need them.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-23-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I replaced the 1 ton axel with a 3500 pound one per their suggestion. Not much difference in the cost but as the man explained, it may keep the wheels from bowing out when hauling a heavier load or going over bumps.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-23-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Micheal, I have to agree with Frosty. Red Neck on the north side of Springfield is where I have gotten all my farm trailor parts. I know that they do have a shop, but have never used their shop services, just their parts. You might call them and see if they can check your trailor axel for straightness with the boat off. Just a thought. Call me if you need help, I'm free in the afternoon. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, you and I have to learn not to drag those trailers over those box culverts. It's real hard on 'em. Culvert normally wins. Big time.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast