Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wally's Rods

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally's Rods

BPS has Wally Marshall Rods on sale. Reg 39.99 on sale for 29.99. I picked up a couple of 4.6ft dock shooters, these rods have the most backbone I've found yet.
    GoodLuck
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoBender View Post
    these rods have the most backbone I've found yet.

Yes, they do. I'd like to see some 6-7' rods with similar backbone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of the dock rods and you are right about the backbone and that is a great price, might have to get me a new one....Dennis

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Figures since I just bought one a couple weeks ago and paid full price.

Not trying to hijack but has anyone else had trouble with BPS shipping? I got the rod 3 days after it was ordered and 2 weeks later have not received my line and a couple of other things I ordered. I called them yesterday and they said it shipped on the 12th. I could have walked to Springfield to pick it up by now. Customer service guy was ZERO help. I remember why I haven't ordered from them in some time now. I get 2-3 day shipping from Cabelas in Nebraska.

I do like the Wally Marshall rod and bought it on the recommendation of those here.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the 6'6" rods and absolutely love the feel and action. Sensitive tip with all the backbone you need. It has handled some pretty big green carp with ease.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the dock shooting rods, but I bought a 9' and 12' Crappie Thunder jigging pole and their awesome... very strong but sensitive and perform well on species other than crappie.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

i ordered some patches a few weeks ago from BPS and still have not got them bc ONE patch was on backorder. i dk why they could not sent the other 6 and the seventh later. i just drove to BPS and bought them

all i own for crappie fishing is the Wally Marshall signature series BPS rods. 10' and 12'. love them also try to keep your receipt bc if it breaks or something they will replace it for you. also they will if you do not have the receipt. they look at the last code on the rod where it informs you of the rod length and what not. for instance the bass rod i am looking at now says D4. meaning that is was made in 2004. so they look at that code for replacement. have fun with them i just love them:D

S.M.
    brushpiles and logs, one rod, one bobber, it's jig poppin time:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Rod

I just got a 10' and couple 11'. Can't wait to give them a try. Topped it off with the $10 shimano reels (IX2000R).