Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista and PM problems

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vista and PM problems

I got probs. For some reason I am getting messages that says my mailbox is full. It ain't. Got 3 and can't read em. Also Outlook express ain't working. Fore those that have pm'ed or emailed me, I ain't ignoring ya. Bear with me. I got Vista bugs. Ain't I lucky.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I just replied to your message, Tom. I ain't got the problem that I know of.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    I just replied to your message, Tom. I ain't got the problem that I know of.
    I can answer new pm's not the older ones???????????

Post Thanks / Like

Is your inbox full of sent messages? You have to change to the sent box instead of the inbox then delete them there. I'm on Vista and have no problems...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I tried to pm you a day or so ago. It said it was full, but I later was able to send you a link to a post for your attention on the TN board. I was beginning to think you didn't like me because I live in Memphis. Any ways, there was a small jon in Craigslist I thought you might be interested in.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Tom ...

I'm running Vista Home Prem & OE7 ... no problems with PM/email. Have you tried powering everything down, leaving it off for 5mins, then powering everything back up ?? (PC/cable modem/router)
    My best "guess" would be that the problem is with Outlook, not Vista. Does your IP require you to use Outlook Express ? I'm on Insight Broadband Cable, and it requires Outlook Express for my email connection. Even so, I've not had any problems with getting PM's ... or email alerts, that I have PM's.

Check your User CP options, to make sure that your PM/email alert options are turned on ... or set like you want them. If everything looks right, on there, and the "power down/power up" trick doesn't work ... reply on this thread, and I'll alert Ed, and have him check you out and see if he can find the problem.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I'm running Vista Home Prem & OE7 ... no problems with PM/email. Have you tried powering everything down, leaving it off for 5mins, then powering everything back up ?? (PC/cable modem/router)
    My best "guess" would be that the problem is with Outlook, not Vista. Does your IP require you to use Outlook Express ? I'm on Insight Broadband Cable, and it requires Outlook Express for my email connection. Even so, I've not had any problems with getting PM's ... or email alerts, that I have PM's.

Check your User CP options, to make sure that your PM/email alert options are turned on ... or set like you want them. If everything looks right, on there, and the "power down/power up" trick doesn't work ... reply on this thread, and I'll alert Ed, and have him check you out and see if he can find the problem.

... cp
    Ok Pappy,

I will do that tonight after log off. I will run all my scans too (if I can remember).

Thanks,

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

2 worthless Vista features to toss - Windows Mail and User Account Control. I use Thunderbird flawlessly on my Vista machine, and have disabled User Account Control in the User Account section in control panel. Sick of giving Vista permission for everything? Just disable UAC, its useless, and suddenly Vista feels like an XP upgrade and not a implement of cyber torture. You will also need to change the way Security Center alerts you in Vista or it'll warn you all the time about having UAC off in your taskbar.

You may have your mail set up with your isp to keep messages on the server at your isp, and if you do, it will fill up to your email size quota and start rejecting emails and saying your inbox is full. If you still need to download your email to multiple machines then set your isp mailbox to keep messages 5 days and unless you get buku email it shouldn't fill up if that is the problem. If your isp has a webmail option then the settings should be where you can view your isp email online.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grizz

When I walked out the door at school 6 months ago, I left the Windows there. My desire to learn the new stuff is about on the level of Frank Lawhead. Not much left we really need to know about or waste too much time learning about. haha

Post Thanks / Like

HMM, does that mean I need to explain things more simply or you knew all that and I'm preaching to the choir? If the former is true I could do all that stuff for you with remote assistance.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-23-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast