Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward To Cooler Weather !

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Looking Forward To Cooler Weather !

Hello Georgia anglers, I can't remember the fishing being so bad in a long time, I can't figure it out, I know it's hot and the water temp's are up but hey that's normal for this time of year. hopefully it will get better. Is it bad in your area ? Let me hear from you, Thanks and good luck to all ! Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Hello Georgia anglers, I can't remember the fishing being so bad in a long time, I can't figure it out, I know it's hot and the water temp's are up but hey that's normal for this time of year. hopefully it will get better. Is it bad in your area ? Let me hear from you, Thanks and good luck to all ! Jimmy S.
    yes jimmy the heat and the boat traffick has kept me off the lake . the river got to low to run a boat safley . git my motorhome going again i will go for the weakin and can got on the water by daylight and go in till dark and maby fish some at night . the fish are in the deep water and the deep water is where the big boats run mostlry and the waterlice they can run anywhere . yep going to be ready for the colder weather. papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

cmistfp Guest

Default Hotter than a jackass in a pepper patch !!!

I've gone out several eves this week and trolled along with minnows and jigs and caught only a few small bream . The water temp is 88 degrees and rising . We haven't got into our hottest month yet . I can't wait for October . What is the best way to catch crappie when it's this hot ? It is very difficult to night fish here . The mosquitos eat you alive no matter how much repellant you have on . Driving up to your lovely state sat morning for a much needed vacation . I hope I can get some fishing in . I will have to get a new ultralight rod as mine is somewhere in the pond . I got distracted and set it down only to have it snag a cattail on the way by . It was too dark to find it. I'll try fri morn to locate it. Later , Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Wink This Too Will Pass ! Good Fishing Ahead !

Hello Chris, Papasage. Know what you mean. Hey Chris I thought I was the only one that lost their rod and reel, Guess not.Hope you get it back like I did. Good luck on your vacation, Hope you catch some slabs. Try night fishing, Bugs might not be so bad in north Georgia. Papasage, Glad you have your motor home going. Went to wall mart today and bought a new salt water open faced reel, Had a new guide put on the tip of my salt water rod. Getting geared up for the red fish and speckled trout in september, Can't wait, Love that action . those red drum can pull like a train, You got a fight on your hands. Good luck to all and Gods Blessings. Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

if nothing hapends i will be on lake blacksher at daylight in the morning . the boat traffick will be low till it gits hot .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have to try for some Blackshear Specs this fall.

Last week one fella reported he caught 121 two handed brims at Lake Miccosukee, down about 20 miles from me in Fla. In the AM, he said, and also he said he got some warmouth and a few shellcrackers. There are some who fly fish there at night and get the big ones.

I have been real busy at work, and with this heat all day I just wanna escape it after work. Been working through weekends lately.
    So many cabinets to build, so little time to do it!

Fall will see the weather right for fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Big Brim, Shellcrackers and Warmouth

Man Blindhog, You make my socks run up and down my legs like window shades talking about those big brim and shellcrackers ! I can't hardly stand it. Boy would I like to get into some like that.In due time. In the mean time stay cool. Papasage, I hope you had good luck today. Good fishing to all ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

the crappie wernt biting cought 2 and a striper . had 3 depthfinders and they all showed fish and i threw everything but the kitchen sink at them but they wouldnt hit . the deep water under 280 bridge is where the fish wer at . that is where the 2 crappie wer cought . after 3 hours i gave it up and went home . the waterlice got bad to.
    papasage

Post Thanks / Like

Wink blacksher report-Papasage

Hello Papasage, Thanks for the report.I haven't been able to go much since I had this cast on my right leg. I have about two more weeks to go and I get this thing off. I am counting the days. Good luck to all, And Gods Blessings ! Jimmy S.

cmistfp Guest

Default Back from vacation

Hello Georgians , I just got home from a 6 day vacation in your lovely state . I fished a few hours at Lake Blackshear when I was at Veterans state park . It was very hot and I was fishing from the banks the few times I got bites the jet skiers would come by and the fish would turn off for a while . So I switched locations and went up by the entrance and caught a few bluegill . Then we headed north to Helen . I fished the Chattahootchee for trout . I didn't see any fish there at all or get a bite . Went up the road to Unicoi state park and fished lots of laydowns . I didn't catch any crappie but I did catch a few catfish and an alligator snapper . I finessed the turtle up on the bank so I could get the hook out of it . Those are extremely rare here in Florida so I didn't want to harm it . The mountains in N. Georgia are beautiful . We had a great time . Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast