HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chain draggers .......!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chain draggers .......!

Chains might be a cheap drift sock, but they are tearing up habitat. I saw a fellow hang one in brush. Fellow totally destroyed the brush because his chain was hung. Apparently this feller never has to work and put stuff out. If so, he would not be so reckless with others hard work. Come on folks. Geez. It is hard work putting out this stuff. Use drift socks, bucket, or use your trolling motor. I know I don't own the water, but I do have respect for others hard work.

Nothing personal.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes NIMROD, jackie53, "D", Tracker123, ehall LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Chains might be a cheap drift sock, but they are tearing up habitat. I saw a fellow hang one in brush. Fellow totally destroyed the brush because his chain was hung. Apparently this feller never has to work and put stuff out. If so, he would not be so reckless with others hard work. Come on folks. Geez. It is hard work putting out this stuff. Use drift socks, bucket, or use your trolling motor. I know I don't own the water, but I do have respect for others hard work.

Nothing personal.
    Amen
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

I have been spending time in the outdoors for about 55 years now. In that time I have met some of the nicest people anywhere. Having said that I have frequently bumped into people with room temperature IQ's, people who were rude and inconsiderate and some that were just plain crazy. I never have understood the chain thing anyway when you can get a good drift sock for less than 20 bucks. Or like you said just us a plastic bucket on a rope.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you CP ....I read where some other guy said you whine too much....I think you just expect things to be done right....and being considerate is just the right thing to do ! Heck I get a little peeved at myself when my jig gets hung and I break off a stick from a good brush pile !!!
    Duane

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been complaining to the bass guys for a few years now. They use that 50# braided line and rip the heck out of the brushpiles. A lot of times even moving them. It's gotten to the point where when i see them coming up the bank, i'll move directly over the ones i'm fishing and make them go around wide.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whackmaster View Post
    I'm with you CP ....I read where some other guy said you whine too much....I think you just expect things to be done right....and being considerate is just the right thing to do ! Heck I get a little peeved at myself when my jig gets hung and I break off a stick from a good brush pile !!!
    Whackmaster,

I got some pals on here bout my age (give or take a few years) and I bet all of them will tell everyone here we really don't give a crap about what people say about us or what their opinions of us are and we don't haveta take crap off anyone.. We have paid our dues.

We are grateful to God to have a heartbeat in the morning and not have to have a nurse change our depends.

Fishing is a plus.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

why would a plastic bucket not tear up a brush pile and a chain would when its drug through it? My curious mind would like to know.

Post Thanks / Like

The bucket is dragged just a foot or so under or beside the boat not down in the cover.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

so the bucket is on short piece of rope? whereas the chain is all the way to the bottom right? Makes sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Whackmaster,

I got some pals on here bout my age (give or take a few years) and I bet all of them will tell everyone here we really don't give a crap about what people say about us or what their opinions of us are and we don't haveta take crap off anyone.. We have paid our dues.

We are grateful to God to have a heartbeat in the morning and not have to have a nurse change our depends.

Fishing is a plus.
    Sounds familiar...

•Grumpy Old Men (Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau)
    •On Golden Pond (Henry Fonda)

..or..Johnny Paycheck singing

♫♫♪'Take this chain and shove it..'♫ ♪ ♫

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast