Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Palmer lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palmer lake

hello to all michigan crappie chasers,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever fished Palmer lake and if so, how is the fishing? The reason I ask is my friend bought a cabin up there and I think I can talk him into given me a key:D..I'd like to go up there and chase a few slabs...thanks for any help you could give me.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry whackmaster. I haven't fished that one yet. Where abouts is Palmer lake?

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

St. joseph county...is about all I know...looked on the map and it looks like it could be tied to the st. joe river ?
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palmer/Long/Sturgeon/St. Joe

Palmer Lake is right in the Town of Colon (Magic Capitol of the World) Michigan. It connects to another Lake (Long) via a channel. Palmer empties into the St. Joe river but there is a dam so you cannot get to the river from the lake by boat. There are two DNR boat launches on Palmer both good launches. Below the dam is Sturgeon lake & it is the lake that is connected directly to the St. Joe river. Good Walleye & Smallmouth & a few Crappies too. Sturgeon & Long each have a DNR launch as well.

I've fished all three lakes many times in the past 30 plus years. Not known as crappie lakes but do have a few. Much better Bass & Bluegill fishing. They have also been stocked with Walleye for the past several years so there are some Walleye being caught as well especially on Sturgeon/river. All three also have some respectable sized Catfish & Northern Pike in them too.

Hope this helps.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus