Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: e-tech ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default e-tech ?

Any of you all out there that run an e-tech every had your oil light/alarm come on a couple of times and then go off and run fine rest of the day.This morning my light came on (first 5 mintues of fishing) so I stop such it off ,started it back and ran fine rest of the day.This happen a couple of times in a 3 mintue period.Motor 95%full of oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we had several come into shop last year with same complaint, leave motor idling and pump oil primer bulb very tight its just sensing air in the line. hope this helps. later

Post Thanks / Like

What size motor is yours? I have a 90 Tiller coming next week. I will have to remember that.
    Also from what I have been told if you do no have the XD100 oil and the temps get around freezing it will do that also.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

That's a new one for me. I have a 40 e-tec on my boat and love it. where is the oil bulb? Never remember seeing on on my engine??

Post Thanks / Like

yours oil tank is under cowling, the bigger motors have a remote oil tank in the boat, check it when your in a bigger boat. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Not an e-tec but once had a 2-stroke with oil injection and remote oil tank. After a storm that swamped the boat with water the warning alarm went off, the oil tank had been under water and filled with lake water.
    Man oh man was I ever glad for that alarm! I was 24 years old and had just spent huge money ($4000.00) on a brand spanking new 1984 Johnson 90hp. No way could I have replaced that loss back then.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have been told by a friend who had his lock up ,that the oil pump system is the weak link with the etec he has a 90. It tore up at 2 years, 300 hours. Took 6 weeks for factory to send parts, one at a time. He was most unhappy. It was however covered by warranty so all he was out was fishin time. I am not knockin em so please do not get mad at me, just relating the only experience I have with em. Thats second hand at that. The guy takes care of his stuff too, so that was not a factor...

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have an E-Tec, mine is a 1998 carbed Evinrude. But bassboatcentral.com has a johnson/Evinrude board that has 3 or 4 certified BRP service guys that are very knowledgeable and helpful. I keep up with the board and they solve a lot of problems for folks.

Dayton