Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The End Is Near!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The End Is Near!!!!

Well guys it's about over. Today is just beautiful here in Nashville. I decided not to go fishing today to finish some cabinets for a lady. She's having a hissy fit to get them in immediately. I'm not in the best mood because of her attitude, I told her before I started that it would be the week end after Easter, and also because I really wanted to go fishing today. Just came in the house for lunch and checked the mail. Great!!!!! BPS catalog. I can at least look while I'm eating and think about fishing. Would believe it is a FURNITURE catalog. I'm sure that the end of the world is near when BPS starts pushing furniture. The golf stuff was bad enough. In the immortal words of Charlie Brown .... GOOD GRIEF!!!!!.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

sitting in nashville right now between briley and 24 and i can agree. very beautiful low wind day. too bad i am working
    brushpiles and logs, one rod, one bobber, it's jig poppin time:D

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that this year they have log homes in the catalog. Thats kinda cool to me. I love log homes and its one product I'm pretty sure they won't be shipping in from China. I think they are Barna Log Homes if i remember right.

BTW, if you told the lady that it would be after Easter then don't let her push you around. People are spoiled and think they can bully people who do your kind of work. Once in a while I lose a customer, but I keep my self respect and most people respect someone with a little backbone. Typically the kind of customers you lose because they are spoiled rotten are a blessing to lose, but most of the time they know they are being jerks and when you stand up for yourself quietly and carefully they back off and next time they know better. Just my 2 cents about being self employed and dealing with people that have little respect for the lives of others. I've done quite a lot of work around Knoxville and there are a lot of spoiled rich people there. Its probably worse in Nashville. Its worse in NY though. I found the rich folks in general in TN to be a lot less stuck on themselves than they are here. I liked doing business there.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-21-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.