Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When does crappie season end

Post Thanks / Like

Default When does crappie season end

Hi yall is there a way yall could tell me when crappie stop biting? I went this past weekend and only caught 2. I went to Chickasaw. Do yall recommend any better creeks?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I went this past weekend to Sardis and caught around 28 or so on Sunday. The crappie bite all year. Catching the smaller male crappie still on the beds can last until the middle of May in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebelduckaholic
    I went this past weekend to Sardis and caught around 28 or so on Sunday. The crappie bite all year. Catching the smaller male crappie still on the beds can last until the middle of May in my experience.
    Where did you go on Sardis? How big were the crappie you caught?

Post Thanks / Like

Around Coontown. The fish were not that big. Mostly males. However the further you go towards the main lake it seems the bigger the fish get. You catch more females out there. The wind is usually tough on me in the spring on the main lake though.

Post Thanks / Like

season never ends, fishing is good 12 months out of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebelduckaholic
    Around Coontown. The fish were not that big. Mostly males. However the further you go towards the main lake it seems the bigger the fish get. You catch more females out there. The wind is usually tough on me in the spring on the main lake though.
    Thanks for the replies guys. Do yall like to catch females more so than males? Do yall eat the fish eggs or something?

I agree fishing is 12 months out of the year. But would yall agree after crappie spawn it isn't quite as good?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking 24/12

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman
    Hi yall is there a way yall could tell me when crappie stop biting? I went this past weekend and only caught 2. I went to Chickasaw. Do yall recommend any better creeks?
    thanks
    There always biting at the right depth and temp year round, Fisherman :D

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to sound smart, but the bite never stops. Just have to work a little harder to find them. Never ceases to amaze me the "Crappie" fishermen out there that fish for them two months out of the year. Crappie year round for me.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a period right after the spawn that is tough. One reason it is tough is because it goes from easy fishing by every stump to having to work a little harder to find them. I know some of my best fishing at Sardis is from middle of June and later.