Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What about High Falls State Park

Post Thanks / Like

Question What about High Falls State Park

I haven't seen anyone post results for High Falls. Does anyone fish it? A couple years ago Georgia Outdoor News published a DNR study that stated High Falls had the highest density of crappie in the state. I believe it. I have fished the Buck creek area and have caught some good numbers fairly easily. Problem is that the size has a lot to be desired. Was just wondering if anyone was a regular up there. Not a big lake but it holds fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it for the first time last year, and was the last time. Spent the whole day trolling and picked up 1 dink. I did get into some 3-5 schooling hybrids. I tried it deep and shallow and in between. Barely marked any fish the whole day. Not much in the way of structure in that lake. DNR and locals said the lake has been slowly filling in because of the lack of current. Was several locals on the water, but none with any positive info. I hope someone has some better news because it is a very nice quite piece of water that is easily accessed.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I fished it years ago when I lived in Jones county. Was a good bream lake at one time, never had any luck for crappie. I haven't fish it recently because of the 10 horse limit, my boat has a 25.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.