Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O'the Pines Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake O'the Pines Crappie?

Have not been out to LOTP in a couple weeks and was wondering how the fishing is out there.

I am trying to make up my mind whether to fish in Texas or Louisiana this weekend.

If Lake O'The Pines is slammin' I might just come join you Texans for a day, but if nothing much is going on I might hit Grand Bayou with my fellow cajuns.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

I was up ther last Sunday for 3 hours 1 fish, in 3 ft water just like they ought to be, tried other places no luck i not know where to go, however i hurd the in shallow water on Pines probably in Johnson creel or Alley creek, all I can tale ya, good luck, I may go Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught 17 Fiday evening/night on shinners in 12 foot water in the creeks inside/past the bridge of hurricane creek. Johnson should be better by now but I was trying to beat the wind. Still got blown off the lake. Camping is free at HC so thats where I usually spend the night so I can fish as late as I like. Next time I'm gonna try Johnson or Alley. Wild Bill was not at the store so I couldn't get any advice from him. Not many LOP reports on this site either. I'm not posting much since everyone else is not sharing info. Percher

Post Thanks / Like

Went upSat afternoon,2-5, fished johnsoncreek caught 2 NICE ones in 4 ft water on minners 1 all way in back of cove and 1 on left side going in, very diasapointed, I have troube getting this stuff dowm to where 2 fish, guess I keep trying, I went to sea wild Bill, he knot in.

Post Thanks / Like

Went again Sat. 3-6 no fish, went Copeland creek area, shallow and deep 12 ft. nuthin, minners or jigs, friend went to off hwy 155 toward steel plant 2 croppie, 9 nice Brim, Bream{however}. on worms in 4 ft water, I just can not locate them.

Post Thanks / Like

Any more trips to Lake O'The Pines? I have been fishing Grand Bayou last couple weeks was just wondering if anyone is still doing any good out on LOTP.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Magician, must be just us 3 or 4 that go to pines, I saw sume nice crappie when they had that C.A.S.T. tourny thre 3 weeks ago, and I thiught i went to spots they advised me to , but no luck. im goin this weekend for crappie and or Bream which ever bites as i posted before bream on north west end of lake, i will try that area and let ya know my result, as on my last tryies it was eat my cheese crackers sardines couple beers then come home empty handed.

Post Thanks / Like

410Man, that's why they call it fishing....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Use slip corks

get your minnnow down deep with a slip cork, or tight line it off a side a boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Lake harding, well im new to crappie but have fisd Pines for years, about 4 weeks ago they had Big crappie tourny on it, guys from Indiana, ohio and other places had never seen this lake except on map, they came down and caught some good fish, well i talked to some of them they said follow creeks, drop offs I been trying all that no luck as ya said whey they call it fishing of well thats the way it is BUTT i will find them sometime.