Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need photos of attractors and brushpiles

Post Thanks / Like

Default need photos of attractors and brushpiles

i am looking for photos for ideas on building brush piles and attractors. i know there are hundreds of them here on the board but now that i am looking for them i can only find a few. this is for ideas on acceptable structures to give to the governing bodies here in virginia and north carolina. pvc, wood , plastic, i know there are alot of great ideas and i welcome any and all. thanks in advance.
    david e.
    va. bch.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I build this type, because they are easy to put together in the boat. I don't get as much attention puting them out as I would if I up to the lake with a truck load of stuff that is already assembled.
    GoodLuck
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dav803 ....

Quote Originally Posted by dav803 View Post
    i am looking for photos for ideas on building brush piles and attractors. i know there are hundreds of them here on the board but now that i am looking for them i can only find a few. this is for ideas on acceptable structures to give to the governing bodies here in virginia and north carolina. pvc, wood , plastic, i know there are alot of great ideas and i welcome any and all. thanks in advance.
    The KDFWR purchased some of the "Porcupine" type fish attractors, that Bill Dance advertises now. They bought theirs when the original brand name was O-NO Snag. They look like these:

This might help convince the Va & NC Fish & Game folks that PVC structures are longer lasting than wood, and therefore are more economically viable (if you intend to ask them to use products like these, in place of putting out brushpiles). IF you're looking for ideas to use, yourself, and need their permission to sink condos ... understand that they "may" require you to send them the GPS coordinates, or mark a map with the locations of where you place them. They may even require you to send them those locations "before" you place any such structures, so they can accept or deny you permission to place them there. Their reasoning is so that people won't place them in places that may be a danger to the public or pose a navigation problem. But, they also publish freebee maps, and include these spots on them ... basically giving away your spot, to the public at large. That's why alot of people drop cover on the sly ... legally or illegally. Personally, I think if they'd just post (on their websites or pamphlets) what types of materials can be used, and where they "cannot" be placed ... and not tell the whole world where they are ... they'd get more legal compliance, from those that wish to sink such structures. Unfortunately, those that are going to do it illegally, are going to do it, regardless ... and that's most likely the reason for all the rules and regs concerning placing condos/brushpiles.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing as Krappiekrazy did, except I made mine about 5-6 ft. long and let them go down horizontally and weighted them in the middle. Wish I had pics but do not.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

What governing bodies are you talking about giving them to in NC?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the photos fellas.i am talking about kerr res. the photos are great!
    david e.
    va. bch.

Post Thanks / Like

These are photos of the type my brother and I have been making. We put these two out today. We have also put some out that were 6 foot tall.

Post Thanks / Like

creeker, that's the way we make them except i do them about 3 feet taller. I use a small tire to to mold the concrete and the things are almost impossible to tip over. Those things work awesome. Use some sandpaper on'em to rough them up and the algae will really take hold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast