Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High water here....big time

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High water here....big time

Well looks like the water is gonna get up some more. My boat dock is about 4 feet under water now. Kids are coming in and help remove high water logs that are jammed in the boat dock. Boat docks attract logs for some reason or another.

Guess we will got to Sunrise Service Sunday and thank God for the water.

Sometimes I think he (God) over does it, but who am I to question his actions.

Folks down in Georgia prayed too much looks like.

Fishing will suck here for a while. Poor vacationers.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

the local lake here is now over 20' above normal winter pool.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear, been watching the results on the news.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the water stays high through the spawn. This could be exactly what we need on Kentucky Lake if the don't drop the bottom out of the lake. Can you imagine how many little crappie will be busting out of those eggs if all that buckbrush and willow is flooded during the spawn. Might make for tougher fishing this year, but I'll take it if it means more fish in the future.

Canepole...I've got several buckets w/ brush in them ready to go. Just give me your address and I'll drop a few loads in your yard where you can hang a long pole out your kitchen window and catch dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to have to continue raining for the water to stay high the way you want it. I agree though...I'll take the water and fishies.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, though most of these ox bows around here needed it. Water in the fields over here, farmer have not even thought about tilling the ground yet on the river. I noticed some of the people are pulling their moble homes and trailors to higher ground.

Post Thanks / Like

We are high here to canepole. This is especially alarming to me because last year my favorite lake jumped up 20+ feet right when the spawn was getting ready to start. When the lake got back to normal pool, it stayed for a month tops and then went up at least 15 feet again. The lake was a mess for most of last season.

We don't need the water, but you guys sure did.

It'll all work out.

Post Thanks / Like

we better hope the water stays up or the spawn will happen then the water falls out and that meens no fry. then the limit will change to 15 fish and 12 inches. Hide and watch, it will happen.

Post Thanks / Like

In North Texas this week we got some of that rain the rest of you got. In fact, we got 4-6" of it and our lakes are all either full or flooding. I've been fishing Cedar Creek all week, and while it's pretty muddy, the temp is in the mid 60's and the crappie (all males) are biting good. I don't think it'll hurt our spawn bite unless we get a lot more rain, so let's all stop praying for rain, cause I think we've had enough for a while

Post Thanks / Like

The 6" they got upstream from where I am working is making it's way to the lake. Two days ago when I left my current Trim job, the lake was within 2' of the top of the only bridge crossing the bottom of the draw and according to the COE website, was only a steady rise with releases only enough to slow the rise. I stayed at the house yesterday because the lake now occupied the draw which houses the road and the bridge. When I checked the COE website this morning, the bridge I need to cross is only 2.5' under water, but, that doesn't mean the bridge is still there. Guess I'll stay at home and work on my boat. Darn the luck!
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 03-21-2008 at 08:40 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast