Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default take a kid fishing

my fishing/hunting buddy had family in town all this week. we decided to take his niece (his sister's daughter) jordan (10) out crappie fishing this morning. IT WAS COLD!!!!

the water was about 3 degrees cooler than it has been and the fish didn't bit that well. we did manage to catch 3 fish in our 2 hour trip though. of course she got to real them in :D

Post Thanks / Like

Gas for the boat... $20
    Bait... $5
    Hot cocoa for 3.... $4
    The smile on a kid's face when they catch a fish... priceless!

Thank you for taking your buddy's niece fishing, I'm sure she'll have fond memories for years to come. Take a kid fishing every chance you get. It's an investment in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    Gas for the boat... $20
    Bait... $5
    Hot cocoa for 3.... $4
    The smile on a kid's face when they catch a fish... priceless!

Thank you for taking your buddy's niece fishing, I'm sure she'll have fond memories for years to come. Take a kid fishing every chance you get. It's an investment in the future.
    AMEN!!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take them fishing and teach them what you know. Not just youth, but older folks who want to go fishing too. I agree. The experience is priceless.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing the Crappie USA tourny on KY lake w/ my daughter next Saturday and can't wait. She's 13 and I love spending a full day in the boat w/ her. I don't understand why more people don't take their kids.....it is easy to say they don't want to go, but you don't give them a choice. Just take them and they will learn to love it as much as you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caseydrew View Post
    Fishing the Crappie USA tourny on KY lake w/ my daughter next Saturday and can't wait. She's 13 and I love spending a full day in the boat w/ her. I don't understand why more people don't take their kids.....it is easy to say they don't want to go, but you don't give them a choice. Just take them and they will learn to love it as much as you.
    I think it is more the Dads and Moms not wanting to take them than it is the kids not wanting to go.Casey me and my son (Levi)will be fishing the tourny to come by and say hi.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Briggs View Post
    I think it is more the Dads and Moms not wanting to take them than it is the kids not wanting to go.Casey me and my son (Levi)will be fishing the tourny to come by and say hi.
    Joey,

Here is a pic of the two of us from last year's tourny on KY Lake....if you recognize us stop by.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, that slab is huge!!!

i just wish i knew more about fishing for crappie so that my daughter could have one of those 25 fish days. i'm taking my daughter tomorrow after she gets out of school.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Jordan on her catches. She sure looks to have had a fun day! Great Job!

Here's my older boy, Adam at the White River Carp Tournament we did together:

And my younger boy, Jordan, happy to catch a nice Crappie:

Taking kids fishing is a GREAT way to spend time together!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a picture of my youngest catching a prize fish. We werent catching much, but this little fellow chased the Strike King Lil Bitsy Pond Minnow to the boat and lunged for it as it broke the surface. As you can see my son was laughing as was myself and a friend of ours. It is still one of our favorite memories, and it gets discussed often. Now he is 20 years old and he goes omly a couple of times a year, job and girls now. So you all enjoy it while it last, it goes by quick!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast