Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mtl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mtl

hey guys
    was wondering if anyone has been catchin any down there? last week went down and a guy at the baitshop said he was nailing them but i couldnt buy a single bite. i need some help with finding some fish in cold water. any help would be awsome. even if you hadnt been fishing there how do you usually find fish this time of the year? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would go up south fork or north fork. I dont know how much rain they had up there could be a mud hole. If they had alot will be cleaner water towards the dam. Fish the deeper water bluffs would be my best suggestion. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with cmc...Try south fork and if you have no luck there or it is muddy I would try the bluff fronts on the main lake.. I would try fishing those fronts about 15 ft down 1st..Good luck!!! let us know how you do..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fat_fish55 View Post
    hey guys
    was wondering if anyone has been catchin any down there? last week went down and a guy at the baitshop said he was nailing them but i couldnt buy a single bite. i need some help with finding some fish in cold water. any help would be awsome. even if you hadnt been fishing there how do you usually find fish this time of the year? thanks
    Funny -- isn't it -- how the guys who are "nailing them" are always standing in the bait shop? If I was doing that well, I'd be on the water fishing or busy filleting the suckers!

Not that fishermen/women ever stretch the truth or anything...

Good luck on Mtl, FF.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I fish south fork but it gets muddy pretty easy. Robert Allen seems stays pretty clean but have only fished it a couple of times so I can't tell you much about that area.