Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Outboards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nissan Outboards

Does anybody have any info on these. I have had alot of trouble with my current gamefisher motor, and now it is time to give up on it. I have been looking around at different manufacturers and nissan seems to be the most reasonable. Money is tight. I just dont want to make another mistake, and have another peice of crap motor. Maybe I should wait till I can afford something better. But I need to fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

What size motor are you looking for?

Oscar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nissan Motors

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Does anybody have any info on these. I have had alot of trouble with my current gamefisher motor, and now it is time to give up on it. I have been looking around at different manufacturers and nissan seems to be the most reasonable. Money is tight. I just dont want to make another mistake, and have another peice of crap motor. Maybe I should wait till I can afford something better. But I need to fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nissan are very good motors, they are not second rate by no means. They are just as good as the rest.

crappie cowboy

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
    Nissan are very good motors, they are not second rate by no means. They are just as good as the rest.

crappie cowboy
    Good motor. My neighbor has one. Made by Tohatsu. Tohatsu also makes small engines for Merc and Yamaha. Jap company, but still engines are made in CHINA. I read this somewhere. Small world.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Love em!

We have 3. We have a 40 HP we use on one of our 18x54 Gator Trax Tunnel hulls. Big boat, heavy still hauls butt!

We have a 50 HP on another hull that is OLD! Still tickin.

We also have a 25 on a smaller 16x44 Gator Trax that we have had for 6 years. Sometimes we don't run these for MONTHS and they NEVER give us a minutes trouble. We hardly take care of them and do NO preventative maintenance on them and can't tear them up.

PS! I sell Yamaha and Mercury, not Nissan!!:D Wish I could.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Canada to a boat in lodge a couple years back. They supply you a boat, motor etc with the cabin. They had the 14hp model with elec start. It ran really well. The owner said that he started using them about 3 years before and was replacing Honda's with them as the Honda's gave out. (he had about 20 16 ft V bottom boats) Said they were really great, low maintenance and I'm sure they were run pretty heavily. Different person every week from May until Oct and out almost every day. Hope that helps.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a 40 Nissan for about 11 years...excellent motor. I think a few years back they broke some record for continuous use.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    We have had a 40 on one of our duck boats for 3 years...Hasn't missed a beat..First time with Nissan but an excellent motor so far...Like CanePole said, made by Tohatsu...Brother in law has a 40 on his pontoon...No problems..Had his for 12-15 years..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 9.9 on my little water boat it cranks first pull just about every time. I have had a great one. I think it is 10 years old and it has never been serviced.
    Don't rip er mouth,
    Budro:

Post Thanks / Like

My brother in law has one, no problems at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast