Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie after all the rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie after all the rain

Most people in the midwest know how terrible this winter has been for weather. We have not had any days in Indiana that have gotten above 65. Now we have had 4" of rain in the past 2 days and it looks like another couple of weeks before weather begins to stabalize. Being a river and creek fisherman mostly I choose to wait until the water goes down and hit some holes. Do any of you guys have any luck when the water temp is in the mid-upper 40s with so much rain?? I would like to go to patoka for a weekend (with the boat), but don't know that I can get on the fish. If you have had luck in these situations, what's a good approach to better my chances?
    Last edited by PapermouthLegend; 03-19-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: clearing up question
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been raining non stop for about 48 hrs now down by the river. If I could catch some crappie, I have a new pond in my front yard ready to be stocked.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

the rain and weather has not been good all year !!!i was gonna try to go to taylorsville lake for some crappie but thats out of the question now. its prolly gona be two weeks before the water gets rite again

Post Thanks / Like

Fourteen inches here and still sprinkling. There will be plenty of water for the fish now.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to wait for the river to go down, but this warm rain and high water will bring them into the creeks for sure. I can't wait to go. I've got a very busy work schedule this spring but I'll find a way somehow.
    Last edited by kycreek; 03-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    It has been raining non stop for about 48 hrs now down by the river. If I could catch some crappie, I have a new pond in my front yard ready to be stocked.
    If it rains very much more you won't need that pond you'll have a river in your yard. It's called the Ohio
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer