Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Very Memorable Fishing Trip With A Friend

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Very Memorable Fishing Trip With A Friend

Back some last year a good friend of mind was diagnosed with cancer of the liver, lung and kidney. His cancer had been in remission but it came back. I think it was thisa past fall that my friend called me and wanted to go fishing on Lake Blackshear. This friend lives around an hour from me so I told him just to bring himself and that I would supply everything else. The day was a beautiful day to catch some of those deep water slab crappie. I told my friend that it would be best to anchor down over one of my "honey holes". He seemed kind of perplexed until he look at the depth finder after we anchored. The screen was covered with fish hanging all in the trash. I suggested that we tight line with minnows and also cast with jigs. I really didn't think we would do that good because the fish hasn't been biting during that time. Boy was I pleasently surprised because we ended up catching a decent mess of slab crappie. We came back to my house and my friend started to head back to his house but I hollered at him and said lets take a picture of the fish. I laid all the fish out on a bench and my wife took a picture of me and my friend.
    Now today I sit here with a veryt heavy heart because my friend Randy"Trumpdriver"Bagley was called home to be with the LORD just yesterday. Oh by the way, I had that picture enlarged and gave it to Randy and his wife just before he passed away and now she has it hanging on the wall at there house. Oh I already miss my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear bout your loss, i lost my fishing buddy (dad) when i was 16, i'm 32 now. i never forget the great times we had together on the water together, you will never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

i too am sorry for your losses as well, my fishing buddy past away on feb,22,2007 and when i am headed to the lake on a sunny day i can still remember him smiling and laughing and cutting up. they will never be forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like

I still havn't gotten over the loss of my fishin buddy Joe. He passed on Christmas eve in 99. I remember all the good times we had and some times feel his presence as i reel in a good 1. RJM know that Randy will be with you in spirit, and take solace knowing that the pain is over and he is in a better place.
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing.. brings back memories of friends lost and just puts things in perspective and makes me appeciate each day on the water more

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about yours and his families loss. Memories are what we get to keep no matter what. It sounds like you have some good ones!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I too am sorry for your loss. I lost my fishing buddy, my dad, 1 1/2 years ago. I am still at a loss when it comes to going fishing without him, I do stil really miss him.