Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My weekend.

I went to Toronto this weekend. Brought home 11, I didnt do to well. Cleaned them up and had a great dinner. When I woke up today I found out my blazer had been broken into. I guess crooks like fishin too. I lost a 12ft sam heaton ss, a bnm custom jig pole 10ft, and a st croix ultralight. All my reels were flueger presidents. I am sick, I hate Wichita KS. Would I be wasting my time checking out the local pawn shops? I bet these suckers dont even know how expensive fishing equipment can be.

cody

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks man!!!! I had 7 G Loomis rods and reels stolen out of my boat one night, the police officer never even got out of his car we he arrived..I tried to explain to him that these weren't Zebco 202's, but it didn't matter..He was later elected sheriff here!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate hearing about your bad luck Flats. Wont the auto insurance help cover the expenses? Just a thought. Good luck finding your equipment.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Had my boat broken into by a dirt bag who used to live on the other side of the woods from me about 3 years ago. When I first built in the neighborhood he used to meet me at a local pond and fish and BS with me and seemed like an okay guy. Figured anybody who fished as much as he did can't be all bad. Then he'd see me loading up the boat and come over and talk. One weekend I went on a short vacation and forgot to bring my rods and reels and tackle boxes in the house before I left. They were in the boat storage and rod boxes under the boat cover. He took everything. Probably $700-$800 worth of gear and tackle, but thankfully left the electronics. Of course I couldn't prove it was him. Than about 6 months later the same idiot broke into my neighbor's basement WITH HIS WIFE AND KIDS HOME!!! No one was hurt or anything. He got away with some antique guns, one civil war musket that was in my neighbors family for around 150 years. Good thing is this time he got caught. My neighbor got most his stuff back. Dirtbag goes on trial next week. All I found of mine was a 7 ft. rod and a Phleugger reel. Must have hocked the rest. I haven't left anything in the boat since. It's a crying shame when you live in a good neighborhood and you still can't leave your stuff unlocked....By the way Flats&raps, I would definitely check the pawn shops. especially since your gear is mostly crappie rods, should be easy to identify. Good luck..
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Korea and the wife in Ohio trying to sell our house so we could meet in Florida. She finally sold the house and had a moving company pack and move our stuff. When the household goods arrived in Florida she noticed that all my "fishin gear" was not delivered. Thank God it was on the inventory. I put in a claim against the moving company and rec'd about 75% of the worth...don't ya just hate thieves? Sorry to hear about your gear. Like GABowman said...you might try your auto insurance.
    Support Our Troops!