Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great..Just what we need, more rain

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Great..Just what we need, more rain

Just looked at the weather report on NOAA. Heavy rains predicted for later tonite and all day Thursday. Doesn't look like we are going to catch a break in the weather this week. Lately it seems to rain ever 3-5 days, if it keeps this up the lakes won't clear. At least it won't be raining Saturday, so I can go fishing.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you dutch....I guess this is spring though. Or at least there is always potential for these rains during the spring. I love to fish the South Georgia rivers, but it seems like every spring, the water is always too high for me to fish them till May. But maybe this rain will help the crappie population next year though. Since the muddier water may decrease total catches while the fish are most vulnerable, the fish may get some more quality spawning done. But like you said....I'm still fishing, mud or not.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just in showlower water they will need the sun light t hatch the eggs.will be at smoke bridge if i can sat.hope a frind of mine that knowes the lake better than me will go with me . papasage
    Last edited by papasage; 04-08-2005 at 07:22 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Went and looked at Lake Juliette on my lunch break. Still fairly clear at lower end boat ramp. Went to upper end and was pretty darn muddy. Lots of boats at both ramps for middle of week. Something must be biting. Saw couple boats tied up in the standing timber at the upper end but didn't see any fish coming on board. May be the only slightly clear water in GA right now!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner
    Went and looked at Lake Juliette on my lunch break. Still fairly clear at lower end boat ramp. Went to upper end and was pretty darn muddy. Lots of boats at both ramps for middle of week. Something must be biting. Saw couple boats tied up in the standing timber at the upper end but didn't see any fish coming on board. May be the only slightly clear water in GA right now!
    Shinerunner, keep me posted on Juliette. I have had pretty good numbers from there before. Like to fish it due to the size of fish and motor restriction.

I am also from Perry. Class of '81. Now living in Centerville

Post Thanks / Like

May try it this weekend....I have only been in Perry about 4 years....grew up in SGA, Douglas area, class of '91....may see you on the water....14' Fisher w/15 HP Tohatsu...usually have my son with me....you'll hear him if we are catch'em !!!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    Shinerunner, keep me posted on Juliette. I have had pretty good numbers from there before. Like to fish it due to the size of fish and motor restriction.

I am also from Perry. Class of '81. Now living in Centerville

Twogunkid,
    where do you do the best on Juliette? I haven't had much luck catching crappie there. I can catch a few but never any numbers. I can catch a mess of bream or yellow perch, but not many crappie. Maybe I see you and/or Shinerunner out there...I will be in a 16' Bass Tracker w/ a Black Lab riding shotgun in the back. He loves to go fishing as much as I do.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner
    May try it this weekend....I have only been in Perry about 4 years....grew up in SGA, Douglas area, class of '91....may see you on the water....14' Fisher w/15 HP Tohatsu...usually have my son with me....you'll hear him if we are catch'em !!!
    Me too Shine, Coffee County, class of 70. Know any Sears or Sawyers down there?
    GeoW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Twogunkid,
    where do you do the best on Juliette? I haven't had much luck catching crappie there. I can catch a few but never any numbers. I can catch a mess of bream or yellow perch, but not many crappie. Maybe I see you and/or Shinerunner out there...I will be in a 16' Bass Tracker w/ a Black Lab riding shotgun in the back. He loves to go fishing as much as I do.
    Believe it or not I have caught good numbers in the first cove on the right at Holly Grove boat ramp. A lot of bankers fish there. Has good standing timber in the middle and shallows all around the cove...I also have done well in the first cove to the left of the ramp..You might also try going down the lake to the second big cove to your left...Lots of trees but go all the way to the back of the cove, as far as you can go. troll in 4-6 ft of water. Kinda hard to troll due to the timber so i usually pitch jigs or minnows....Pretty much all the coves will produce this time of year...They used to allow night fishing but a couple of weeks ago I saw a sign saying fishing was from dusk to dawn. Because there aren't any docks on the lake, or lights at all I did super!!! They came to the lights like I was giving away money!!!Good lake to learn.......Beware.....They have alligator size striper there that will take a rod quick....over the past years I bet I have pulled up a dozen rods that I'm sure stripers have taken...Good luck