Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moses Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Moses Lake Report

Cajun Chris, a couple of his good friends and I headed out to Moses Lake on Saturday to see if we could do some damage to the Slabs east of the mountains. We were in the boat heading to my favorite hunting grounds by 6am. We pulled up to one of the crappies summer time spots and began to fish. It was still a bit early in the morning for the crappies but a few little smallmouths and two monsters that I just couldn't get to the boat kept us focused until it warmed up and the crappie got on the bite. Well it warmed up......and the crappie got on a hot bite for about 3 hours. We were catching crappie left, right, forward and backwards :D. You could look down in the water and see the schools of crappie just looking at you, waiting for you to toss the jig right in front of them. We all had a blast out there, we caught over 50 crappies. We even pulled in a few really nice walleyes and lost two trout. All in all I think it was a great trip. It was Chris's first time out there but I doubt it will be his last! . Let me know when you plan on heading out there on another weekend Chris. I want to get back into those large walleyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moses Lake...

slabking....you Northwest perchjerkers are inspiring jealousy in the Bayou State. The crappie here are mostly in "suspended animation" and are scattered in small groups that will not take anything we offer. It's hard to accept seeing them on the sonar and can't get to them to bite. Wish you all the best of luck, keep us posted on your next trip. We aren't catching them, but we like to read about someone that is!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking A True "King"

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    slabking....you Northwest perchjerkers are inspiring jealousy in the Bayou State. The crappie here are mostly in "suspended animation" and are scattered in small groups that will not take anything we offer. It's hard to accept seeing them on the sonar and can't get to them to bite. Wish you all the best of luck, keep us posted on your next trip. We aren't catching them, but we like to read about someone that is!
    Folks I BullCrap you not, this past weekend I had the opportunity to fish with a "True King". Out of respect i'm not going to expose his age, but I will say, I was driving a car when he was born. Anyway, back to the story at hand, my man put on a fishing clinic Saturday like i hadn't seen for years. My hat goes off to the Real King of crappie fishing. For me coming in second to SlabKing, was like winning a gold medal in the olympics. The guy can flat out fish, and if you didn't know, Now you Know. A good time was had by all, including my old fishing buddy Big Mike. It aint often he give credit or acknowledge a good old fashion butt kickin on the lake. Eric you missed a good one!! I'm heading over to lk. Sams in the morning, to try some different spots over there. This weekend me and the old lady are heading to Lincoln City Oregon to do some gambling. I'm sure she's going to do some shopping at the outlets, so I've got to take a pole or two and a crab pot.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thank you very much for the kind words I had a blast fishing with you guys, it was hotter than fish grease out there though! Moses is just one of those lakes where you never really know what you have on the line until you get the fish in the boat…….if you get the fish in the boat . I'm planning on a trip over to Potholes Res. the last weekend of this month. I called out to Mar Don and they're starting to get a few of the 2lb slabs off the pier. It should be red hot fishing out there in a couple more weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Pot Holes

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    Chris, thank you very much for the kind words I had a blast fishing with you guys, it was hotter than fish grease out there though! Moses is just one of those lakes where you never really know what you have on the line until you get the fish in the boat…….if you get the fish in the boat . I'm planning on a trip over to Potholes Res. the last weekend of this month. I called out to Mar Don and they're starting to get a few of the 2lb slabs off the pier. It should be red hot fishing out there in a couple more weeks.
    That sounds like a plan, let's hook something up!!!!!!!!1
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moses Lake Pics

These are a couple of the pics from Moses Lake.......
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Making me Jealous

SlabKing,
    Your making this cajun boy jealous. To look down in the water and actually be able to see fish. Man, down here you can look down in the water and not even see our boat or troll motor prop, the water is so silted. I think everywhere else they would call this stained water. We call it normal water.
    I can't wait until we have to wait for it to warm in the morning for the fish to bite. How cool was it when ya"ll started fishing that morning?
    I hope them crappie (sac-a-lait as we call them) keep biting for you.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    SlabKing,
    Your making this cajun boy jealous. To look down in the water and actually be able to see fish. Man, down here you can look down in the water and not even see our boat or troll motor prop, the water is so silted. I think everywhere else they would call this stained water. We call it normal water.
    I can't wait until we have to wait for it to warm in the morning for the fish to bite. How cool was it when ya"ll started fishing that morning?
    I hope them crappie (sac-a-lait as we call them) keep biting for you.
    Probably about 62 degrees if not cooler. It's usually 50: degrees over night around here. 80 is HOT!!!!!; 90........... well 90 degrees and people start to pass out. No one here has AC in there homes. Just open the windows early in the morning and you're good to go.............
    Last edited by CajunChris1; 07-21-2004 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Wrong smiley
    "GET THE NET!!"

eric Guest

MAN!!!!,Im missing out,you guys are killing them,there can be no better fishing than when you go out and catch slabs,walleye,trout and bass,I can only imagine how good they all tasted.I have been tied up with a bunch of family stuff so I havent gotten any fishin in,dont forget me though,I still need to make it out with you guys and meet slab...good luck on the next trip....

Post Thanks / Like

We have to get you out on the water soon Eric. The trip to Potholes is getting moved back to the weekend of the the 6th if you can make it. I'll be staying at MarDon Resort either in a room (A/C) or tent on the beach so I can try for channel cats at night (they have been catching them up 13lbs off the beach).

Deacon, I hope the fishing has picked up a bit for you guys down south now that all that nasty weather has passed through. Tight lines.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 07-23-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast