Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried these?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone tried these?

BPS Tourney Special Micro Light Crank Baits?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

Still fighting cabin fever until ice-out, so I took yet another trip to BPS this weekend (my 1 year old grandson loves watching the fishies in the tank), and came across these and they're only $1.99 each. So I picked up a couple (dog-gone bait monkey!) Wondering if any of y'all who live in warmer climates have tried them yet.

I picked up a couple of them just because they look good and the price was right. I don't normally troll with crankbaits because at $4 or $5 each, the high likelihood of losing them to a pike (lots of 6 - 10 lb pike in my favorite fishing hole) is kinda cost prohibitive. At $4 or $5 apiece for most cranks, I'd be tossing money in the water since Northerns generally have no problem cutting the 4# line I use for crappie.

At $1.99 each, even though the risk is still high, the cost isn't too high to lose 4 or 5 of them over the season.

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear if anyone has used them and to know if they catch fish nearly as well as they caught this fisherman.

I won't be able to report on them until the ice is gone - soon I hope!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know some guys who troll these little cranks at a lake in Ohio and they slam the fish with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chaunc!!

Which Ohio lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't got to use them yet, but will be using them soon. I'll let you know how I liked them in next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Risen a crappie fisherman View Post
    Haven't got to use them yet, but will be using them soon. I'll let you know how I liked them in next couple of weeks.
    Thanks, the display in the store said they're a new product, but they look like they'll be great for crappie and gills. I picked up 2 of them the other night, and hope that some of the members in warmer climates can give some reports on them so I can decide on buying a few more at that good price with my 500 bonus points for going to the members event a couple weeks back.

I'm looking forward to hearing how they produce for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Klight what you think about these.p.m. me back danny
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    Klight what you think about these.p.m. me back danny
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

i've never used that particular brand but i know the rapala shad rap SR05 will catch them.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingDog View Post
    Which Ohio lake?
    Skeeter. Up by the bouys.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile They caught me too!

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    BPS Tourney Special Micro Light Crank Baits?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

Still fighting cabin fever until ice-out, so I took yet another trip to BPS this weekend (my 1 year old grandson loves watching the fishies in the tank), and came across these and they're only $1.99 each. So I picked up a couple (dog-gone bait monkey!) Wondering if any of y'all who live in warmer climates have tried them yet.

I picked up a couple of them just because they look good and the price was right. I don't normally troll with crankbaits because at $4 or $5 each, the high likelihood of losing them to a pike (lots of 6 - 10 lb pike in my favorite fishing hole) is kinda cost prohibitive. At $4 or $5 apiece for most cranks, I'd be tossing money in the water since Northerns generally have no problem cutting the 4# line I use for crappie.

At $1.99 each, even though the risk is still high, the cost isn't too high to lose 4 or 5 of them over the season.

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear if anyone has used them and to know if they catch fish nearly as well as they caught this fisherman.

I won't be able to report on them until the ice is gone - soon I hope!
    Thanks for the post, Joe -- now I'm $28 poorer!:D 12 are on their way to me now. I'm eager to try 'em.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast