Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Douglas Lake Crappie Report....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Douglas Lake Crappie Report....

Went out yesterday under bluebird skies and temps in the upper 70s....found them in the shallows (7-12 ft) hitting curly-tailed chartruese grubs...fish the gravel banks along the north side of Flat Creek...just look for the boats...on the way back to the landing, pulled a few out of cover along the banks with the same jig...good luck!

"Bushrod"

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need advice.

[QUOTE=Bushrod]Went out yesterday under bluebird skies and temps in the upper 70s....found them in the shallows (7-12 ft) hitting curly-tailed chartruese grubs...fish the gravel banks along the north side of Flat Creek...just look for the boats...on the way back to the landing, pulled a few out of cover along the banks with the same jig...good luck!

"Bushrod"
    Went this past Sat. and Sun. (4/9 and 4/10). Went to Flat Creek area and fished coves, first two or three on right as you head into Flatt Creek. Tried minnow/hook with float set at about 3 ft. Tried this since I was told fish are in 2-4 ft. of water. Didn't catch nothing, except two prttey good size catfish on Sun. Did keep seeing fish on depth finder at about 8-11 ft. Even tried several different colored jigs w/minnow, still no luck. Thought about using grub since I have probably 30 different colors. Pretty dumb move! Will be going back this coming weekend. Do you think it might be worth a try at your method? Not much of an expert at judging techniques in catching crappie!

Thanks,
    Flyer904
    Sincerely,
    Jeff Spangler
    Flyer904

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up They're Still There....

....forget the coves on the right side of Flat Creek...head on up to the gravel banks on your left...went 2 days ago and found 'em right where I'd left them the previous trip...fish curly-tailed chartruese grubs trolling in 7-12 ft of water...caught four of the biggest slabs I've ever seen right off the bat...it's a morning bite, though...gotta be there before 9AM...they shut down after then....good luck....

Bushrod :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Douglas lake crappie update

Just got back home, caught around 400 crappie in a week. Most keepers we had was 24 for 2. I think we brought back 38 bags of filets with 8 filets per bag. Most of the crappie we caught were suspended in 2' of water. Some were caught really shallow, right on the bank and in the upper end of the creeks. We caught just about all of our crappie with a 1/16oz jig with a chartreuse curly tail. Most were caught within a 1/2 mile of Swann's Marina.
    Caught some bonus sauger also. Thanks for all of the help from the forum posts. We had a good time!
    God Bless,
    Bassky :D

mactn Guest

Smile douglas lake crappies

try Indian creek with blue fly white head minnow on the points right on the bank.