Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dock shooting rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default dock shooting rod

What kind of rod do you guys perfer for shooting docks?

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

5' spincast works for me

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Wally Marshal 5.5ft it has the back bone that others don't have.
    GoodLuck
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a while since I've shot any docks (the lake I know fish has few docks) but if I did again this is a rod I'd have in my arsenal. The BnM Sharpshooter series is a one-piece graphite blank designed specifically for shooting docks. It has a Tennessee Handle (Portuguese cork with sliding rings) allowing you to place the reel on the handle where you feel most comfortable and accurate when shooting docks.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Wally Marshall 5 1/2' Pro Series is specifically designed to shoot docks. Bass Pro sells them and I have been using them to shoot for several years without one problem (unless you count when I hit the edge of a dock with the tip and snap it off a problem). This rod is a parabolic design with a good mid and butt section to pull a big fish out. I think you'd like it.

Post Thanks / Like

BnM has two that I use often. One is the 5.5 SharpShooter and the other is the Bucks 6.5 Spinning rod. Very good for shooting. Just used them at Weiss last week and had a great time!!!!

Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I prefer spinning rods ....

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyfootnc View Post
    What kind of rod do you guys perfer for shooting docks?
    and this is the one I'm currently using : (5ft model) http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...287&hasJS=true

and, no, I didn't buy it ... it's a prototype that I received for fieldtesting, from the rod designer. All in all, it's a very nice rod ... but, it's priced out of my budget parameters, so I can't say as I'd pay the going price for it, if I was in the market for another dockshooter rod.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have to ask and hope nobody thinks I'm too dumb, what is dock shooting? Is that fishing from the dock or is it a boat fishing close to the dock?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dock Shooting

Dock Shooting Is From The Boat. Loading The Rod Up By Holding The Jig In Your Fingers And Pulling It Back And Sling Shotting The Jig Under The Dock. It Is Just About The Only Kind Of Crappie Fishing I Do. I Mean If There Were Any Crappie In Alabama. There Used To Be But Canepole Caught Them All. So Now We Have To Fish For Those Trash Fish (spotted Bass). Lol My Favorite Rod Is A Shakespere 5 Ft Ultra Light I Buy From Academy Sports. It Is Normally $16.88 But If You Look You Can Find Them On Sale For $9.88. But You Better Hurry I But Everyone I Find. The 4' 6" Works Well To. But I Like The 5' Better. But A Pinnacle Ultra Light ($19.88 From Academy) And For $30.00 You Are Set. Spool It With Mr. Crappie 6# Hi-vis And You Are Set.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is a 4 1/2 ft. IM-6 ultralite rod from Bass Pro shops. Even the 5 ft. rod is a bit long to get under some docks when you're close, and the IM-6 has enough backbone for a good long shot. You don't need a really flexible rod for dock shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast