Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rain rain, GO AWAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain rain, GO AWAY!!!

Last year we couldn't buy any rain. So far this year there is something wet falling from the sky almost every day it seems. Just looked at the 10 day forecast for the East Fork Lake are and it looks like rain and 40s msot of those days. For those of us fishing the March 30th tournament at East Fork, looks like it's gonna be cold water and mud. We should be good at those conditions by then though, since that's all we've been fishing this month and likely what we'll see up to then. At this rate, crappie oughta be on the banks spawning by say, mid June!!!!
    Sorry, just had to vent. I'm ready for some 60 degree sunny weather. I'm sick of rain and snow. Anybody get out on East Fork this weekend. I'm stuck in the house with no way to get on the lake till maybe Wednesday when IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN!!!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been yet. I'm still on light duty, but doesn't look like I'm missing too much. It won't be too long (I hope) till I can do whatever I want. It looks like this was a good year to get the operation (not that I had a choice) 'cause it sure doesn't look like I'm missing out on too much.

I got to admit this sunshine looks pretty good today and the urges are starting to stir. I bought a new 8' rod at BPS yesterday. Only bad thing is it's purple with a pink tip and says "Ms Crappie" on it so I have to tell my friends it's for my wife. She saw it and I think she's going to claim it anyway. Usually I start fishing in late Feb. so I'm running a month behind. I keep telling myself it won't be long. I may try to go next weekend just depends on the weather this week.

About the weather, I think the rain this week is supposed to be another gulley washer. 1" to 2" so that means the lake will rise several feet before they start pulling it down. Cold, muddy water is bad enough but when its rising and falling every few days it can be tough. I have found that in past miserable springs that have had similar conditions, the crappie seem to start moving into the staging/prespawn areas anyway. Probably triggered by longer daylight hours.

I told a friend the good weather was just holding out so we have a good week at Ky Lake in 4 weeks. It was miserable last year

Post Thanks / Like

I hate rain, i hate lake flucuations, i hate not bein able to get out and fish. This crap ol weather can go somewhere else just not here. I perdy sure that i can speak for us all when i say its time to start fishin and quit talkin bout it. Ive been countin slabs in my sleep, just to make the days go by a lil faster. Not really workin though. Well good fishin to yall.
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor has it someone kept 40 yesterday at East Fork. A friend of my dad's ran into him at the dock. Said he caught 'em all midafternoon in tight. At least there is a sign of life. Now if I can just find time to get out during the day. Here lately I've had to settle for evenings. Low light doesn't help when fishing in chocolate milk. Another aspect to the rising water is the dock improvements they are doing. If the water stays up, it slows those guys down. We might get into mid April and have only one ramp. Talk about a real mess! One ramp and limited parking oughta make it a real joy to try to get out and fish.

Hey OCB, we gonna get out any this week? I say we get the rain gear out and go hit it hard. Fish don't care if it rains, they're already wet.....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am dieing to get out. Iam in the middle of a job change so money is a little tight so hopefully i can get out before the march 30th tournament at eastfork.

Bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey speck im in if you are, any night besides wednesday, thats bowlin night. But yeah im in for what ever. We figure something out. Im ready. Its time to get things rollin.

Hey bubba, wish ya best on that job change, me and speck will save some for ya, lol.

That 1st tourney isnt even 2 weeks away, wooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeee gettin close.
    Good fishin yall.
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

EF Lake made a 3' drop yeaterday, but I bet its going up today.

Speckwick- someone on OGF is saying he caught 40 over thweekend, kept 18.

Post Thanks / Like

Up, down, up.....crappie won't know whether they are coming or going.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

so much water coming down the ohio river all my crappie will be in New Orelands
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!