Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wappapello?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello?

What's the scoop down there? Looking to head down in the morning and see what I can come up with!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to one of my Corps of Engineers buds down there this morning. He said the lakes been up a little and they are pulling it back down to winter pool. He said the fishing sucks right now but should turn back on in a week or 2 after they get back to w.p.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up man!

Maybe I will head to Duck Creek then! Anyone heard anything from down there?

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know about Duck Creek if you go.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Duck Creek Friday after work. Not one crappie ended up with 2 bass,1 catfish and one bluegill. Started on the southeat corner and fished our way to the first boat ramp on the west side. Talked to a buddy out there and he only had one bass. Fishing with minnows in the boat channel. Maybe next week?

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Wap. and was on water by 7:00, caught 42 fish spider riggin' 14' of water off of lake channel, 1 keeper.

Its just hard to believe there are that many small fish in that lake. The one keeper that I caught was 9.5", and the nonkeepers were mostly under 7". Do you guys get into bigger ones sometimes?

hilbilly dan Guest

SEMOmike seems like I have the same problem too, went last wednesday caught close to 50 and didn't have one keeper. Sometimes I'll bring in a 13" or maybe a 14" but not very many.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Semo- sorry you didnt do better at the creek. That place is either on or its not. Have always done better on the west side down by the water control structure. Seems like you have to fish the side of the boat ditchs closer to the middle of the lake and not the road. I have heard from alot of locals they think that it is pretty fished out for crappie, not near as good as it was years ago. But hey it beats sitting at home

Post Thanks / Like

Well,

We fished Wapp. Saturday afternoon and ALL DAY Sunday.

Saturday we started about 2 and hit the backwater at the spillway first. NOTHING so loaded up the boat and went over to the lake. We then went to a creek arm and caught only a few. Then moved to another creek arm and 3 of us caught @ 125-150 in 3 hours. We had 11 keepers out of all those fish. We caught them castin two jigs under a float in 4-6' of water.

Sunday we were on the water at sunrise and left after sunset. We hit the same creek arm as the evening before. They hit GREAT from sunrise to about 9:30 then shut down to a trickle. We were fishing the same jig and cork combo as the day before. We were still in 4-6' of water. We had 150 caught by 10 in the mornin with around 7-8 keepers. Then we took one of our buddies back to the ramp since he had to leave early. My buddie and I then went to try to find better/active fish. We hit a 11' flat first....caught a couple. Then went to a creek arm that had flats from 7-3'....caught some. Moved across the lake to another creek and fished flats from 12-2.5'....same story caught fish but few keepers. Moved again and hit another creek that was 11-3'.....same story. Went back to the first creek the last couple hours and caught several..then had to check the deep flat one more time right at dark. In all we boated @250 fish and only had 11 keepers. We ended up with 4(one each from two boats and 2 from the other boat) more keepers given to us from some of our other buddies that fished in three different boats.

All in all it was fairly decent catch numbers of small fish, but not many keepers at all. The water is falling at 6" a day now. My experience since the length limit came into effect has been @ 1 keeper in 10 fish caught on average over the last two years. On a good day it will be 1 in 5 and on days like this weekend it will be 1 in 20-25. Keep in mind this is only my experience....and there are a LOT of great fisherman on wappapello......and I am not one of them.

thanks
    longshot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clearwater Lake

Any reports from Clearwater Lake?
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast