anybody have any news on this lake?
thanks
steve

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
03-16-2008, 02:26 PM
anybody have any news on this lake?
thanks
steve

welcome to the board barredrock! lot's of great guy's and gal's on the board. except for me.:) you'll learn a lot....you would probably get more info if your post was a little more colorful;)being it's your first, gotta grease the wheel's on here;) we can't just be used and abused. you gotta meet the family;)j/k ...i'm just mess'n with ya. i'm a little fiesty today:eek:were ya from?

jeff the crappieslayer

osagemo
03-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Welcome rock, I can't help you with the lake, never heard of it. Thats why its a good idea of putting a general location with your profile.

bacrappie
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
barredrock, Brown County City Lake is located about 6-8 miles due east of Hiawatha, Kansas on US highway 36. It sets about 1/2 mile north of the highway. The lake has about 60 surface acres. Hiawatha is is north central of the state. Have no clue what species of fish is in the lake, or if the City of Hiawatha has any restrictions---such as outboard motors, or if it has any boat ramps.

Charlie365
03-16-2008, 10:31 PM
You can find out a great deal about this lake at (paste this address) http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/fishing/where_to_fish_in_kansas/fishing_locations_public_waters/region_2/brown_state_fishing_lake

It's a State Fishing Lake, which means no recreational boating, fishing only, pretty much no wake, no trotlines or limblines allowed, usually more strict daily limits as to numbers and minimum lengths.

barredrock
03-17-2008, 06:43 PM
i fish this lake all the time, just wondering if anyone had any luck there yet? for crappie that is. i live near hiawatha
thanks
steve

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
i fish this lake all the time, just wondering if anyone had any luck there yet? for crappie that is. i live near hiawatha
thanks
steve

alrighty, wish i could help ya

barredrock
03-28-2008, 07:36 PM
went out for awhile tonight. seen a few guys pull in one or two. pretty slow