Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ##@!!!**%%**&#@ Cruisers

Post Thanks / Like

Default ##@!!!**%%**&#@ Cruisers

I've got to vent. I just went outside and a cruiser about 35 feet long came by doing about 35 MPH. Now it is really irritating when you are fishing and they rock you to death and push way off your spot, but his jerk just wrecked my dock. The river is up quite a bit and is about a foot under the dock. He caused a 3 foot wake that just slams under the bottom of the boards and loosened about 7 or 8 boards and caused three to pop off into the river and float away. God knows that I am one of the really lucky people because I get to live where I do, but these idiots are destroying the river. It only gets up to this level a few times a year so I don't have to put up with it much, but if I go up the river where there is not rip-rap these boats are really cutting away at the bank and causing major problems. Trees falling, banks caving in, etc. I just hate to see them ruin the fishing habitat. In the fall when the Titans have a home game about 40 or 50 of them come by and you might as well hide behind a tree. No fishing for a whole weekend.

Oh well, I guess that is enough complaining for today. Sorry, but it made me feel better to gripe to people who could appreciate the damage. I really talk ugly when I'm fishing and they come by. For those of you around middle Tenn this dock was built by Jimmy Holt about 30 years ago and I would like to preserve it the way it is.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a problem with big cruiser boats whenever we were fishing on the Mississippi years ago. I can only imagine.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain...........We have a bay full of Supra ski boats in the summer. My dock rocks all summer. I fish early to avoid the skiers. They gotta have fun too.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Those water taxis were wearing the banks out for a while. How is Jimmy doing have not seen him for a while. Use to run the river banks when I was a youngun sure has changed. Maybe some mines would slow them down.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama has just passed or is about to pass Regs on Idle speed only within 100' of shore. I doubt that helps with your problem, big waves roll a long, long way. but it has potential to save some shoreline in some areas.

13point Guest

Default VOL Navy

I feel your pain! I fish Loudon & Tellico in east tn and you know how big Tennessee football is. It's like a convoy for about 3 days before a ballgame. I've had rollers come over the front and back of my boat more times than I can count. It's not any fun fishing with wet shoes even in the summer.

sg27 Guest

just get their id number off the side of the boat because tn law says they are responsable for their wake and damage that is causes.then call twra

Post Thanks / Like

Either that or buy a big old red or green buoy and put it in a position where it makes them steer WAY clear of your dock! Either that or a No Wake Zone buoy.:D:D
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Or a big fat rope tied to a wench that mysteriously lifted up into their prop???

Post Thanks / Like

Just Kidding....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast