Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch....I dont care if I catch a thang!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dutch....I dont care if I catch a thang!!!

I'm going to Toby today in hopes that they will be on the banks!! Taking a day off...I wont take the boat cause it is such a nice day and I'll be taking the wife and son..My luck with the weather has been so bad this year that it has really been frustrating. I take some time off and then hear that t-storms are coming thru, or it was be in the low30's..so..........so....today will be just a day of relaxation. I dont care if I catch a dang thang!!!! Maybe that's what the problem is....If I dont care then maybe I'll tear 'em up. But we'll take a blanket and some soft drinks and sit out there and soak up some rays and do a li'l fishing. If they dont bite...I dont even want 'em to bite In fact, they better not bite..I dare 'em to bite cause I dont want to catch any...(gotta use reverse psychology on 'em) :rolleyes: No matter what happens, it will be a well spent afternoon!!!

p.s. I was just kidding
    p.s. No I wasn't
    p.s. Yes I was
    p.s. no I wasn't
    p.s. Yes I was

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    I'm going to Toby today in hopes that they will be on the banks!! Taking a day off...I wont take the boat cause it is such a nice day and I'll be taking the wife and son..My luck with the weather has been so bad this year that it has really been frustrating. I take some time off and then hear that t-storms are coming thru, or it was be in the low30's..so..........so....today will be just a day of relaxation. I dont care if I catch a dang thang!!!! Maybe that's what the problem is....If I dont care then maybe I'll tear 'em up. But we'll take a blanket and some soft drinks and sit out there and soak up some rays and do a li'l fishing. If they dont bite...I dont even want 'em to bite In fact, they better not bite..I dare 'em to bite cause I dont want to catch any...(gotta use reverse psychology on 'em) :rolleyes: No matter what happens, it will be a well spent afternoon!!!

p.s. I was just kidding
    p.s. No I wasn't
    p.s. Yes I was
    p.s. no I wasn't
    p.s. Yes I was

Man...I hate battling with them inner demons!! Hee hee
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how did you do? I went this morning got there at sunrise and fished to 2 pm. Caught 3. 1 Big slab feamle that was full of eggs and 2 dinks. Fish were scattered and had a bad case of lock jaw. Talked to some other people leaving when I did, they had not did any good either. Crappie sure can be finicky at times. Water was still muddy, and the temp was down from last week. (61 when I got there, warmed up to 64-65 by time I left). Still a good day, as it was nice out on the water, and beat working. Going this weekend to give it another shot.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

The muddy water is my excuse. Has to be because I have not caught many crappie the last 12 days. Very frustrating. They are raising and lowering the water levels twice daily to get rid of all this water so that may be some of it also. I can mark them but they just won't bite. I went monday night and caught zero crappie after sunset. I caught a few before dark. I read an article from a college site that stated crappie do not feed while spawning. I have never considered that. They load up during prespawn. After spawning they are sluggish too. They also said catfish feed heavily during spawn. I believe that. Yesterday I went to net some shad and the guys there were catching cats by the dozen. All I caught last night was catfish. I had 2 that were 8-10lbs and all were really full of eggs.
    Hope the creeks clear up soon. The creek I fish has to my memory has never been this muddy in the past 10-20 years. Usually the river will be muddy and some of the creeks but this is one of the clearest creeks feeding the Chattahoochee, always clean. I tried to fish some docks lights but so much floating debris made it unsafe to travel at night with any speed.
    I believe when the water clears the crappie will explode. Water temps are right at the magic mark on most Ga lakes so it should be fish on when the water clears.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch, I caught zero fish. Like I said I was gonna fish the banks in hopes that they wouldbe on the banks..Fished around the landing at Arrowhead but the water wasjust too muddy. Went to the Duck Ponds. There were a lot of people fishing but with little results. Saw one dink caught. But all in all it was good to be out there. I will try again after this rain coming in and see what goes. I dont really buy the prior comment about crappie not biting during the spawn. I'm not knocking my pal that commented on it, just the people that wrote the article. I have caught 'em in 2 ft of water. and I mean a bunch of 'em..And they were full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    Dutch, I caught zero fish. Like I said I was gonna fish the banks in hopes that they wouldbe on the banks..Fished around the landing at Arrowhead but the water wasjust too muddy. Went to the Duck Ponds. There were a lot of people fishing but with little results. Saw one dink caught. But all in all it was good to be out there. I will try again after this rain coming in and see what goes. I dont really buy the prior comment about crappie not biting during the spawn. I'm not knocking my pal that commented on it, just the people that wrote the article. I have caught 'em in 2 ft of water. and I mean a bunch of 'em..And they were full of eggs.
    Yup..I believe this rain has messed things up for a little bit.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

In regard to them not biting during the spawn. I think when they are on the beds, they may not "bite" the bait or lure to feed, but to protect the nest. Kind of like a big female bass will do, or even the males too. Pick it up and then spit it out about 4 feet from the nest. I don't know whether crappie do this or not, but there is no doubt that you can get a crappie to hit your presentation when they are spawning.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep crapster have you seen a woman eating while she is having a baby:D:D:D:D
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hope to go saturday crapster . depends on the weather and water conditions . papasage
    Last edited by papasage; 04-06-2005 at 11:58 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Go get em Papasage. It looks like its going to be a nice day....who knows what the water will look like. I'm going Friday night to Swift again. Fish till light on Saturday. May hang around the Smoake pilings for an hour or so after light if I haven't limited out yet at night. Usually can pick up a few early there. Maybe I'll see you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast