Jigs baits polluting our waters?

Pro's

Con's
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know for sure #1. A wild Arab with a lead bullet will come closer to getting ya than a lead jig bullet. MO.

You'll fix the problem after I am dead.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

PROS= With it I catch fish:D
    Cons= without I don't catch fish,

Post Thanks / Like

if you are referring to the problem about the lead levels in water due to lead sinkers thank california for that one because if you read the label its only know to do that in the fine state of california........im more worried about the trace amounts of medications they have been finding in our water sources they say its even in bottled water also as we dont make a filter to filter those kind of things out yet
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the same argument going from lead shot to steel for ducks. Now alot of the hunters say there more ducks flying around with holes in 'em causing slow deaths.
    I'm sure all this "from lead to..." has a "rhyme and reason" behind all the lobbying it's just I think there's bigger fish to fry vrs. spending all the money on an issue this small. 'Least I aint never seen a fish kill off due to lead poisoning.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lead

I think your chances of getting lead poisining is better in any major city in this country than it is from a fish.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble believing the lead in sinkers and jigs is able to make that kind of impact. But it sure does give the tackle companies an excuse to sell expensive tungsten products.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lead Killing us

Check out the latest issue of America Hunter magazine by NRA. California is outlawing lead for bullets. Now What!!! Guess the remains of bullets are poisoning Condors eating gut piles. Now its going to be jigs poisoning fish or something......
    USS TICONDEROGA CVA14 VA52 1960-1963

Post Thanks / Like

Default lead free jigs

Well, The only reason I make lead free jigs is because "why not". I am not against leaded fishing products. I am offering products that is safer then what we have as an option to the fishermen and women. I am not getting rich and really don't plan on it anytime soon. The price is compareable to the mega mart. I offer these jigs to tackle stores at a price that they can compete against the leaded ones that the mega store offers. I am not pushing this issue with lets say the Sierra Club, P. E. T. A., Congress or the E.P.A. I would consider Duck's Unlimited because of non leaded shotshells and what they have accomplished with protecting our waterways. I know what most of these lead free materials cost and its not cheap. I would think that the tungsten is a sales pitch to promote their products or to get in with the environmental groups. The fishing industry will market anything to make a dime or push a new look. If you have questions I'll try to answer them. There are some benefits to my jigs that I have noticed while fishing and yes they catch fish. All of the tackle stores I sell too, only have positive things to say to me and always asking if I can make more styles of jigs. Almost forgot, where do the jigs you buy come from? Hopefully not from a communist country.

TT
    Last edited by Timmy Tom; 03-15-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i just think people worry bout the wrong stuff to much, i honstly could not care if my lures or jigs are made of enrichrd uranium from iran as long as they catch fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast