Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring

Well i think spring has finally sprung.Checked the local lake today,can almost launch a boat but not quite yet.Hopefully next week maybe.

Jigs-up Guest

can,t wait myself

Post Thanks / Like

twalt66 Guest

Spring is here. Saw some robins yesterday in the yard. Beautiful sight.....

Post Thanks / Like

Tony, that pic looks alot like the dock at Pigeon Lake over here north of Holland. I really need the ice to melt so I can drop the boat in and give her a good run to make sure all is in order for my crappie week down in KY. Headin' to Barkley/Ken. Lakes 4/4-4/12. Looking for some of them southern slabs!

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That pic is from Mott Lake in genesee county near Flint.One of my fishing holes.Thats what i'm waiting for,put the boat in & make sure everything is good to go.http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...2/DSC01377.jpg
    Another pic.Can't wait

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tony,

I am biting at the bit also, I took my boat to work and put the water hose on it and ran my engine for 15 minutes. I tell you, listening to that merc was like music to my ears after this long winter. I will be looking forward to that call from you to go catch some slabs. One Shot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs and Plastics

Hey Tony,

like I told you, I really haven't fished for crappies before so what basic items should I get at basspro shops to start fishing with. I have lot's of rods and reels, I'm pretty much talking about terminal rigs and the such. Thanks to anyone with any suggestions.

One Shot

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly have been a live bait guy.I use #6 tru turn hooks in red.I am gonna try jigs this year,1/16-1/32 in size with Southern pro Lil Hustler bodies.

Jigs-up Guest

Try some roadrunners in 1/8 ounce. As long as you retrieve em slow you can't go wrong.
    also is a good way to cover water to locate fish good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast