Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know whats this is about?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone know whats this is about?

I'm thinking about the e-mail spam part myself.

http://www.crappiefishingweapon.com/special/
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike View Post
    I'm thinking about the e-mail spam part myself.

http://www.crappiefishingweapon.com/special/
    Reminds me of the Evening Secret which is nothing more than a green light and a new way to market it. I doubt that it would double anyones catch.

But maybe that is just me.

I guess I could post something like I have the secret for catching crappie without minnows so just send me the many dollars you will spend this year on minnows and I will send the secret bait.

Hog wash,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, that right there is nuttin' but hog wash. If you want to double you catches...just fish twice as much. That is my motto. :D
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...At least I think so, Looks like an ad for the "Evening Secret" fishing light. Kinda weird how it's never advertised in a way that really lets you know what it is. Basically it's a 4' long, battery powered green submersible fishing light. Last I knew they went for somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.

I don't think they're looking to spam you. I've heard they're a MLM business, and their main advertising method is to try to generate interest and sales through curiosity. Works for some, for me it turns me away.

Folks that have them say they're a good product, so I've never quite understood why the ads never tell you what they are. The biological reasoning they talk about is the light drawing plankton, drawing baitfish, drawing predator fish.

Lots of submersible fishing lights on the market. The only reason I wouldn't buy an evening secret is because of the way they advertise. From all accounts I've heard, they're legit, and have a good product, but something about advertisements that play up the "it's a secret" angle, and never comes right out and tells you what they're selling, puts my guard up instead of making me curious (I'm pretty sure curiosity is what they're aiming for to bring in business).

If you're like me and don't care for the big mystery kind of advertising, and are in the market for a fishing light, check out fishinglightsetc.com. They tell you what they're selling and have articles on night fishing, charts to help you calculate battery life and all sorts of good info - even if you don't buy one of their lights, the info is there for everyone.

If I remember correctly, I think there is a cdc member that builds and sells his own fishing lights, that are machined and use LED's and are supposed to draw less from a battery - along with being extremely durable. I just don't remember who it was. Maybe he'll jump in and tell you about his product.

Post Thanks / Like

Be carefull,it's been discussed on other forums.A gimmick is pretty much what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    If I remember correctly, I think there is a cdc member that builds and sells his own fishing lights, that are machined and use LED's and are supposed to draw less from a battery - along with being extremely durable. I just don't remember who it was. Maybe he'll jump in and tell you about his product.
    I'd like to find out who that is. I'd rather give my money to a board member (if the price is right) rather than cabelas or bass pro.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
    I'd like to find out who that is. I'd rather give my money to a board member (if the price is right) rather than cabelas or bass pro.
    Took a bit of searching through the forums, but the member's name is Jumpin Cholla Jigs, and the light is called the Aurora. His site is at: http://www.jumpingchollatackle.com/i...tion=item&id=4

I've never used one, so can't endorse it, but since he's a member, I don't mind pointing folks at his products to evaluate for themselves.
    Last edited by joejv4; 03-14-2008 at 11:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

http://thumpitjigs.com/ Has one as well
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

Default gimmick for sure

i so happen to actually participate in the "secret weapon" so i sent them my email as said. and through the constant reading and bragging about this "weapon" scrolling forever and reading for what seems to be something only 10% percent of fisherman know ( i believe that is what was said) it is just a green flourescent light that helps you attract baitfish as we already know and not only does it bring the fish it allows you to catch the baitfish and bring it home instead of spending 32 dollars a month on buying them one guy stated. he wants to give you so many hundred dollars off to the first 200 customers and wants to sell as much as he can before the asian markets decide to find a cheaper easier way to make the product and put him out of business. so now i get constant emails (very annoying) so i recommend no one participate. so everyone knows the secret now! no need to waste your time

S.M.
    brushpiles and logs, one rod, one bobber, it's jig poppin time:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brush Buster View Post
    http://thumpitjigs.com/ Has one as well
    Yep, you can buy them from Skip or Jumpin Cholla... They both offer them at the same price. I'm not positive, but I believe those two are friends, and I know they're both cdc members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast