Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any updates on Shenango?

Big_pa_guy Guest

Default Any updates on Shenango?

I'd like to try to get up there this weekend. If the water is rising fast don't know if shore fishing will be possible? Maybe I should bring the 11' noodle rod and 4lb test?

Post Thanks / Like

hey big guy; the lake is up and a muddy color as of last night at sunset. can't predict for this weekend, but i can say a little prayer that the water quality and weather is good for fishing. good luck, stump jumper

Post Thanks / Like

went past the causeway last night and the water quality is getting better. i saw 1 bank fisherman and 1 boat in boy scout bay. i'm going to the celery farm tonight. stump

Post Thanks / Like

just back from the celery farm. the water is up and the bank brush is submerged. the wind blew out of the west at a good clip until 7:00. we used minnows, jigs and grubs. we caught 1 perch (bait size) and i had 3 other nibbles. talked with 4 people who were leaving as we arrived, that said that it was poor bite. it sure was but it was good being out there and the water birds were varied, even saw a number of large loons. saw 2 boat fishing the swim beach bay i could tell if they had any luck. take care, gary

Big_pa_guy Guest

Thanks for the update Gary. I think we are going to try and make the run up there Saturday morning. Does Field and Stream have minnows yet? I thought I read a post where they still hadnt got any in.Brian

Post Thanks / Like

jeff picked these up yesterday from field and tream. i never go there(to hit or miss), i always buy mine at 5 points. gary

Big_pa_guy Guest

Where is 5 Points located? I take 60 north and then get on 18 to go to the lake.

P.S. check your pm messages

Post Thanks / Like

big pa guy, you got a PM. gary

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out this morning for a few hours. Wind was up pretty high but i still caught enuff for a meal. Got em in 16ft water on minnows and gold hook. None on jigs today. Water is up and stained but not muddy where i was at. Goin to ohio and fish squito in the a.m.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Went over to squito saturday morning. Wasted 3hrs there. Tried drifting, trolling,shallow and deep. ZILCH! notta bite! Decided life is too short to waste my time so i headed over to Shenango. Great move. I fished my spring deep water spots and hammered some slabs. Caught them in 16ft, 13ft down. Minnows worked early but as the day went on they hit green twisters. Kept 45, yes 45, decent crappies, for my brothers. Most were 9" but i also had 15 that were over 11", and 1 was 14". I fished 6 different spots and 4 produced fish. All have wood on the bottom. The water temp was 48 when i started and 54 when i finished at 6:30. Sun baked my brain pretty bad so i wont be going out today. Should have used my umbrella but they were hitting so good i didn't pay attention to the sun reflecting off the water. OUCH! I'm heading for Ky. lake this weekend and staying for 6 or 7 days. I'll post report when i get back and maybe try to post some pics too. dont have a digital yet so that may take a while. Have fun at shenango. Smitty