Went out and did some scouting Sat pm. I was lookin for a spot that might have some cooler water. I decided to look for something other than just deeper water since I haven't caught much on the bottom lately. First looked for a narrow cove or creek running north and south with high banks on each side figgerin that spot would get less warming from the sun. Found just such a spot with steep tree lined banks. Had fished this spot in the spring and only caught 4 fish but they were all slabs. I stated to explore the area and found that there was a 35' deep hole near the mouth which is where I fished before, but this time I continued on to see if the water temp would change further in. Was surprised to find that the bottom came up to 16' but then dropped down to 30' forming a second hole farther back in the cove. The cove was even more narrow there and there were a number of large docks and boathouses to provide shade. At the back end was a little feeder creek that came through a tree lined stretch--all things that would help cool the water. I moved a little farther back in the cove and the water temp dropped by 1 degree. At that point the depthfinder screen was black with fish. By the time I set up at dark on Sun nite the water temp was the same as the main lake but still marked lots of fish. Caught 2 slabs and a lifter in the first hour. Things slowed way down after that but the fish were all nice. Only ended up with 7 crappies but 5 were slabs in the 14-15 inch range, with one over 2 lbs, and 2 were 11" lifters. Also caught a 1 1/2 lb catfish and what I think was a baby striper. Still not a banner nite, but a great improvement over the last 2 times out. Findin em is one thing, makin them bite is another. Water temp was 86.