Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Different Approach, perhaps worth a try

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Different Approach, perhaps worth a try

I don't know that this will work in most areas with boat houses, but here is some information for whatever it is worth. We have caught limits the last two days at Hubbard Creek Lake, fishing at 4 to 6 feet deep over water that is 14-18 feet deep. The sun has warmed the water enough that the crappie have moved closer to the surface in the boat houses at Hubbard Creek Lake, but they want a dark area out of the sunlight. Most people I am talking to in that area are perhaps fishing to deep and do not realize what has happened with the calmer winds and sun penetration and the fact the crappie are suspended closer to the surface. Best colors have been electric chicken, pink/white/pink and black/chartruce.

I guess the thought here is, that if you can fish boat houses and boat docks perhaps in protected areas, at least give it a shot trying to fish shallow rather than right on the bottom as long as this weather holds out.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Great Idea. I am going to give this a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote -Best colors have been electric chicken, pink/white/pink and black/chartruce. -- What do U call electric chicken, some pink & anyother color???? Thanks
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

hot pink/chartruce=electric chicken