Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Drift Master question...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift Master question...

I'm having difficulty understanding the mounting of the 250 model. It came with no instructions but looks simple enough but the base is throwing me for a loop. The base is a flat piece of metal with 4 holes and in the center a welded nut. Surely this rod holder with 4 rigs is not to be supported by the depth of threads of a single nut is it? In order to mount base on the deck the nut must go up and that only leaves the width or depth of the nut to hold this together? HELP!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sbennett View Post
    I'm having difficulty understanding the mounting of the 250 model. It came with no instructions but looks simple enough but the base is throwing me for a loop. The base is a flat piece of metal with 4 holes and in the center a welded nut. Surely this rod holder with 4 rigs is not to be supported by the depth of threads of a single nut is it? In order to mount base on the deck the nut must go up and that only leaves the width or depth of the nut to hold this together? HELP!!!!!
    On most applications you only need the nut be the same height
    as the dia. of bolt. examble : a one inch bolt will have a nut that
    will probably be one inch in height. This may not apply to the drift-
    master base.
    Billy Deuce

Fried Crappie.... "The real thing".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sbennett View Post
    Take the flat piece of metal with the four holes in it and the nut that is welded in the center; you must drill a hole in your deck large enough for the nut to set down in it and then screw or bolt the plate down in each of the four holes in the plate. Then take the rod that is threaded on each end, I believe one end may possibly have longer threads on it, if so those threads go up and the other threads screws into the nut on the plate. Then your tubing will slide down over the rod with the cutout on the tube up. Now you can place the bar with the hole in the center on the threaded part of the rod sticking out of your tubing. Then place the half moon shaped washer on the threads and place your wingnut on. You should then be able to mount your rod holders up and down the tube where ever you would like to place them.

Post Thanks / Like

if its like the old style bases. you may have to thread the rod a little deeper for two jam nuts. john

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dang....

I didn't know I had to drill an extra hole in the deck to accommodate the nut. Really need to be sure where I want it huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you need to know where you want it before you drill the hole in the deck. I turned the plate up with the nut on it and assembled all of it and then set it on my deck. While sitting in my seat, I positioned it at the best possible position and marked it on the deck.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the same unit and I love it. Go ahead and drill that hole for the nut. gone fishing explained it to a tee. Now I'm wanting a couple more for other areas of the boat.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Call Us for Answers

We sell all Driftmaster products and would be glad to answer any questions you would have. These other guys have given you the correct answers but perhaps you might better understand on the phone while looking at our website. You can also order other bases from us to move them to other places on the boat. Our website is www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com and our number is 336-249-6782. If we can help let us know.